Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    PIF from Dos
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Suspension
    TreeHugger/woopies
    I just hooked my woopies to the continuous loops on my hammock. Found that easier than replacing the loops.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar1974 View Post
    I just hooked my woopies to the continuous loops on my hammock. Found that easier than replacing the loops.
    That's how I have my sons set up. I want to set mine that way, I just need to make loops for mine. I like it because it gives a quick option for a shorter hang.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    If you remove the continuous loops, how are you going to be able to make a quick change of suspension among your dozen hammocks? Oh, not there yet? Well it's best to plan for the future! Lol
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    If you remove the continuous loops, how are you going to be able to make a quick change of suspension among your dozen hammocks? Oh, not there yet? Well it's best to plan for the future! Lol
    Yeah i'm not there yet. Lol i have to get 5 first for the family.

Ok I don't understand something. I finally hung the hammock after removing the continuous loops, and the ridgeline is sagging. When I pull it a few inches up the whoopie, it seems to fit, but of coarse that won't work. I can't remember exactly how it was set up with the continuous loops. I thought it was the same, but it seems maybe the ridgeline was connected to the carabiner that connected the continuous loop to the whoopie? What am I doing wrong? I appreciate the help.

Ridgeline correct.jpg
    Ridgeline low.jpg

Formerly octothorpesarus mudsocks's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by That Dude There View Post
    Ok I don't understand something. I finally hung the hammock after removing the continuous loops, and the ridgeline is sagging. When I pull it a few inches up the whoopie, it seems to fit, but of coarse that won't work. I can't remember exactly how it was set up with the continuous loops. I thought it was the same, but it seems maybe the ridgeline was connected to the carabiner that connected the continuous loop to the whoopie? What am I doing wrong? I appreciate the help.

Ridgeline correct.jpg
    Ridgeline low.jpg
    You need to pass the whoopie sling through the end loop on your ridge line before you pass the whoopie sling through itself.

A while ago I thought I was being clever by saving weight and removed my end loops. I've since gone back to end loops as they provide better flexibility both in swapping suspension components and hanging directly off the end loop in a tight hang.

I did that and if anything it made it sag more. I might reinstall the continuous loops and see what happens.

Hammock
    DIY HyperD 1.6oz
    Tarp
    DIY Hex-Cat
    Insulation
    DIY Integrated
    Suspension
    Kevlar and Amsteel
    I did that and if anything it made it sag more. I might reinstall the continuous loops and see what happens.
    The top picture you posted seems right to me... In fact, it looks to be exactly what I'm using (except just a fixed eye larks-headed to the hammock instead of a whoopie). To test if your structural ridgeline is doing what it is supposed to do, put your tree straps lower and tighten everything down. That should put more pressure on your ridgeline as it is forcing the looser hang angle to stay the same even though the rest of your suspension is set for a shallow angle. From what it sounds like, your hang is currently at a slack-er angle than your ridgeline is set for, so you're getting a bit of slack in the ridgeline.

Hope that helps!

I know what your saying, but even if I tighten it completely to a straight line it doesn't change it. It fit perfectly with the continuous loops. I can't comprehend what changed, but I'm exchanging this hammock anyway, so I'm asking him to set the new one up without the continuous loops. It looks like to me the ridgeline is to short the way i set it up, compared to the way it came.

Hammock
    DIY HyperD 1.6oz
    Tarp
    DIY Hex-Cat
    Insulation
    DIY Integrated
    Suspension
    Kevlar and Amsteel
    I know what your saying, but even if I tighten it completely to a straight line it doesn't change it. It fit perfectly with the continuous loops. I can't comprehend what changed, but I'm exchanging this hammock anyway, so I'm asking him to set the new one up without the continuous loops. It looks like to me the ridgeline is to short the way i set it up, compared to the way it came.
    Wait, I just looked at the pic again and octo is right! Pass the whoopie loop through the channel, THEN through the ridgeline loop, then pull the whoopie tail through its loop. Give it a try!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast