Hammock
    Tropical Ultra, Mark2, NX-270
    Tarp
    Winter Dream 12
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Order A Mark2 and a Z-liner for my Tx-250. at 25% off. I ordered the rain tarp, don't think I will use it much.

Rocket, will measure my TX-250 tomorrow.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Winter Dream 12
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Just seen the Mark2 on Clark’s web- site offer in camo, have to update my order. Think I will still get the rain trap, maybe in the rain with the screen open and rain tarp on the hammock should be cool, most of the time when there is a good rain there is no bugs. They say on the site if hanging most of the time you should use a bigger tarp.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Interesting, after the 270 came out i went and broke down and decided i would spring for one, Spencer the salesman offered me a great deal on 2 brand new left over 250's so my wife and i both got one,they can also go to ground in a pinch but they still cost alot more than the new mark2,, i wonder why it's so much cheaper??
    The differance in price would explain why they failed to mention it to Bill.!!
    On the site it mentions the current price is an introductory, so it's -25% the normal price.

I would love to know when Clark does their sales though. I'm planning a thru hike for the AT i have and love my trooical and was thinking the NX170 for the thru but now I'm curious about this mark 2 as an alternative. To not pack an under quilt would be nice. And to take the sleeping pad alternative In place of it would help with the occasional needed shelter sleeping.

Also i live in s.fl and I run the vertex rainfly on my tropical. Wouldn't run anything smaller I love setting it up like a big lean to and sitting under it in some nasty storms even position my fire under the edge to keep it going if I have enough warning.
    Last edited by mPalozzola; 07-12-2015 at 13:39.

Hammock
    Clark Mark2 - soon
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Beer
    Suspension
    Fast and Lite
    Just ordered one. I like the hybrid tent-hammock nature of the product. Perfect for the BWCAW. Now I can stay in some of the recent burn areas and not feel I need to push on to find decent hanging trees.

Hammock
    TX-270, TTTM
    Tarp
    CCS, Vertex
    Insulation
    HG, LocoLibre
    Suspension
    HammockFan &Straps
    Any of you that ordered the Mark2 receive yours yet or get an updated shipping estimate other than the non-updated 3-6 weeks? Looking forward to reading some user reviews to see if they were successful in finding a good compromise between hammock and bivy.
    Last edited by VerticalX; 07-20-2015 at 22:21.

Hammock
    TX-270, TTTM
    Tarp
    CCS, Vertex
    Insulation
    HG, LocoLibre
    Suspension
    HammockFan &Straps
    Edited to 'tarp' instead of 'weathershield' regarding the tarp for the Mark 2.

Separate question. Thoughts on the rain tarp? Maybe I have large tarp dependency - I just can't imagine using the Mark 2 in hammock mode in a real rain without a tarp. I'm sure they tested it enough in that it will keep dry inside - I just like the room a tarp offers. Likewise, on the ground too I think I would want a large tarp vs the tarp that just covers the tent unless my intent was bivy mode. Any plans to ditch the std hammock tarp and only use the tent tarp as needed?
    Last edited by VerticalX; 07-22-2015 at 11:08.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter 12'
    Insulation
    PappyAmos Special
    Suspension
    Dutchware Spiders
    My friend with the Lawson Blue Ridge hammock complained about the cover space. Not for me. Part of the reason I hammock is so I can have dry space to cook, or just chill. I do have a TX-250, and will use it for winter....definitely. Clark hammocks are bulletproof and warm.
    Maturity makes the mind grow older.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Winter Dream 12
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I called Clark to up-date my order on 7-10, they said in about two weeks I should receive an E-mail with a tracking number.
    Last edited by 84Hanger; 07-21-2015 at 15:16.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by VerticalX View Post
    Separate question. Thoughts on the weather shield? Maybe I have tarp dependency - I just can't imagine using the Mark 2 in hammock mode in a real rain without a tarp. I'm sure they tested it enough in that it will keep dry inside - I just like the room a tarp offers. Likewise, on the ground too I think I would want a tarp vs the weathershield unless my intent was bivy mode. Any plans to ditch the tarp and only use the weathershield as needed?
    Here's my thoughts...The weather shield would not replace the small tarp. The weather shield is breathable and water resistant - not waterproof. Also, I think with only the weather shield as protection the zippers would be left exposed. The weather shield on other Clark hammocks does create a warmer environment in the hammock but I think the close fitting included tarp with the Mark2 would do much the same. Also, the closeness of the weather shield to the fitted tarp may not leave enough room for air circulation to keep condensation from being a problem.
    Carrying a larger tarp would be fine if you know you will not be 'going to ground' but it kind of takes away from the versatility of the Mark2. The included tarp pitches without any extra lines, stakes, or poles - a larger tarp would need some of each.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    TX-270, TTTM
    Tarp
    CCS, Vertex
    Insulation
    HG, LocoLibre
    Suspension
    HammockFan &Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    Here's my thoughts...The weather shield would not replace the small tarp. The weather shield is breathable and water resistant - not waterproof. Also, I think with only the weather shield as protection the zippers would be left exposed. The weather shield on other Clark hammocks does create a warmer environment in the hammock but I think the close fitting included tarp with the Mark2 would do much the same. Also, the closeness of the weather shield to the fitted tarp may not leave enough room for air circulation to keep condensation from being a problem.
    Carrying a larger tarp would be fine if you know you will not be 'going to ground' but it kind of takes away from the versatility of the Mark2. The included tarp pitches without any extra lines, stakes, or poles - a larger tarp would need some of each.
    Passinthru - thanks for the response. Good points.
    I did use wrong nomenclature in original post. When I stated weathershield I was considering the tarp specific to the Mark 2 [I updated original and added note]. What I'm really saying is I think I would take a larger tarp with lines and stakes,... vs the tarp specific to the Mark 2, unless I just wanted to bivy. Pros and cons as you mentioned - just not sure I would want to give up the space offered under a good size tarp (be tent bound) during a rain.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast