QUECHUA Decathlon Hammock stand "turtle stand"

Has anybody seen the new hammock stand from Quechua/ Dechatlon and price. What's your thought on this stand:

DEC 3.JPG

DEC 2.JPG

DEC 4.JPG

price in Europa at €140/ $149,29, it's not light weight but reasonable affordable.

Images
    I believe that this is a UK product, and the ridgeline is about 10-feet, Their website has a 183-inch length, which is not the ridgeline but the distance at the base of the outer legs of the tripod.

Their website states that the height is 190 cm, which is right at 75 inches, so there is no way ( in the video) that the ridgeline is over twice its height.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/compac...k/_/R-p-334143

Could only find one in stock overseas, and that was a month ago.

DIY another section of ridgeline pole and it should be a pretty good stand good stand, then there is shipping if any others reside in the US.
    Last edited by joe_guilbeau; 09-15-2023 at 20:02.

Hammock
    Multiple
    Tarp
    Multiple
    Insulation
    Multiple
    Suspension
    Dutch/Tensa/Yobo
    I’m guessing only an A Frame tarp would work… or is there a way to attach other types of tarps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." --Chinese Fortune Cookie

Participated in the following events:
    HangCon 2018 - 2024, (to be continued...)

Images
    A DIY method migh work, say for instance aluminum threaded allr-od with a tap and die set to fashion an appropriate height and angle by bending.

A threaded hole would be used from the top of the injection molded tripod headers, so that the all-rod could be screwed-in and an appropriate cap installed to slip the tarp brass or aluminum grommets into place. The aluminum all-rod would need to be bent enough that it self tensions the ridgeline of the tarp and then tie outs to any stakes or even attachments to the stand legs.

You might just weaken the tripod header to create a possibility of cracks developing with stress loads. Just setting up with adjustable tarp poles would probably suffice on a stand alone tarp set up, use any tarp on the market with that system.

I think the tarp extenders from Tensa 4 would work. You could also fab up a DIY solution similar to Tensa's.

Thats a pretty sweet stand actually but I love my Tensa 4.

FWIW, that Quechua Company makes a sweet little folding camp stool, perfect for car camping. Its gonna be a nice side stand/stool next to my hammock. Only $10.00 at Walmart. It is impressingly very well made especially at that price point. Super comfortable and compact. My backpacking camp stool is the Stansport model touted by @Shug, but this Quechua stool is worth picking up also.

Have fun all.

Bob

Quechua or Decatlhon is a French company and have several shop in Europe. The other day i was able to visit the shop and toke some pictures, you are right about the RL, on the bag it differs from the picture of the website.

20230826_130352.jpg
    20230826_130357.jpg
    20230826_130410.jpg

"DIY another section of ridgeline pole and it should be a pretty good stand" what lenght would work best?

Quote Originally Posted by Draketake View Post
    I think the tarp extenders from Tensa 4 would work. You could also fab up a DIY solution similar to Tensa's.

Thats a pretty sweet stand actually but I love my Tensa 4.

FWIW, that Quechua Company makes a sweet little folding camp stool, perfect for car camping. Its gonna be a nice side stand/stool next to my hammock. Only $10.00 at Walmart. It is impressingly very well made especially at that price point. Super comfortable and compact. My backpacking camp stool is the Stansport model touted by @Shug, but this Quechua stool is worth picking up also.

Have fun all.

Bob
    The stool from their compony is an excelant price/ qualty product. They also sell a stability mat for it at a low price

prijs.JPG

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Looks like the stability mat would do a good job of keeping the chair legs from sinking into soft sand or forest ground cover.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts