Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

great addition to existing business or start new business for hammocks

so for all those out there that are new to the world of hammocks (like me) or those who want to try new materials ect.... what would be great is if there could be a rental service or trial and if like buy it!! say i could rent a hammock in a specific material/length for a set time period and return it back to you at the end. that way i can try out a hammock with out spending a lot of money on something i may or may not like.... then be forced into trying to sell it or keep it even if i don't like it... or try it and if i liked it just pay the difference for the full cost..... if a rental fee was say $5/10 plus a deposit of $5/10 i would totally do it!!! it's easy, you know what material costs and your labor costs to make the hammock so if it was returned damaged the deposit would cover any repairs/replacement type thing. this would be an easy addition to an existing business from one or more of the great companies on the forum

Hammock
    Dutch Half Zip
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Greylock 3/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    Under Ground Quilts UGQ does that somewhat http://www.undergroundquilts.com/rentals/default.html

A hammock, underquilt and tarp are available.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Try UGQ outdoor equipment. I believe they have a rental program.

Hammock
    DL RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Nemo Tensor
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    UGQ only offers one hammock, one tarp, and one UQ variety. Helpful if you need to use some gear for a trip, but not so much if you are trying to try out different varieties of gear.

Hammock
    GEAUX Hammock
    Tarp
    GEAUX Dry Tarp
    Insulation
    GEAUX Warm UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by juskojj View Post
    so for all those out there that are new to the world of hammocks (like me) or those who want to try new materials ect.... what would be great is if there could be a rental service or trial and if like buy it!! say i could rent a hammock in a specific material/length for a set time period and return it back to you at the end. that way i can try out a hammock with out spending a lot of money on something i may or may not like.... then be forced into trying to sell it or keep it even if i don't like it... or try it and if i liked it just pay the difference for the full cost..... if a rental fee was say $5/10 plus a deposit of $5/10 i would totally do it!!! it's easy, you know what material costs and your labor costs to make the hammock so if it was returned damaged the deposit would cover any repairs/replacement type thing. this would be an easy addition to an existing business from one or more of the great companies on the forum
    I have been thinking about doing this. I would probably lean towards the renter paying the purchase cost then when the hammock was returned in good condition, refund all but the rental fee. If the renter was happy with the hammock he/she would be able to keep it.
    11' hammocks made in the USA!
    Don't you wanna GEAUX?
    www.geauxhammockgear.com

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    We looked into this quite a bit years ago. The liability issues...liability insurance cost and the ensuing time to sit with a lawyer held us off from moving very far down that road. Hammocks have a learning curve and the chance of a suspension failure on a rental is something at makes insurance guys squirm. We have been thinking about quilts again though.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    No need to rent, go to a group hang and look at just about every kind of set up there is, most65 hangers will let you try out thier hammock and help you decide what works for you, plus group hangs are alot of fun.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    No need to rent, go to a group hang and look at just about every kind of set up there is, most65 hangers will let you try out thier hammock and help you decide what works for you, plus group hangs are alot of fun.
    +1

Go with UGQ if you want more than a show and tell test drive, otherwise group hangs are the best thing out there to see and try different set ups.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Quote Originally Posted by latriper View Post
    I have been thinking about doing this. I would probably lean towards the renter paying the purchase cost then when the hammock was returned in good condition, refund all but the rental fee. If the renter was happy with the hammock he/she would be able to keep it.
    that's a good option as well, i'd probably do that

Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    We looked into this quite a bit years ago. The liability issues...liability insurance cost and the ensuing time to sit with a lawyer held us off from moving very far down that road. Hammocks have a learning curve and the chance of a suspension failure on a rental is something at makes insurance guys squirm. We have been thinking about quilts again though.
    didn't think about that but there is also a form you could draft up with a lawyer in a very short time at minimal (cough, lawyer fee) that would release you from all all liability that you could require all renters to sign before renting, that would hold up in court and prevent you from being sued and i think not having any insurance or at least very minimal. this is done all the time and i have signed millions of them but honestly haven't looked into the legal aspects much.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast