Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hanging WBBB in a 15 ft hammock stand

Hi,

I just purchased a hammock stand like this.

stand.jpg
    I'd like to try my WBBB a few times before packing with it. Not ideal I know, but I have no trees. The problem is I cant seem to get a comfortable hang, wondering if anyone has managed to do so and how they did it.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Judging from the picture, the stand is made for use with spreader bar hammocks and is not deep enough to be used with a gathered end hammock. Have a look here to get an idea what your options are.

Where did you get it?

Hammock
    WBBB-XLC 1.1 DL w/winter cover
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti + REI sit pad
    Suspension
    Strap + Buckles
    I use this with my 11 ft\ WBBB-XLC and it works fine. http://www.rei.com/product/867559/by...-hammock-stand.

To get a 30 degree hang, I have to rig the ridgeline very tight when setting up since the stand flexes, but when I lie in it, the ridge line loosens to normal since the ends flex toward each other. I like that the stand breaks down for storage and reassembles quickly and easily with no tools required other than the included ones. The included wrenches are stamped metal. I keep them attached to a brace on the frame with a soft prussic so I don't lose them. If you have a large enough car trunk or a pickup, etc., you can leave the major sections assembled for transport. The lower bar joins the side struts that holds the detachable upright end pieces. It uses a bolt with a hand knob to secure the tubular pieces together. I normally do not rig up my superfly, but it is possible. It is my go-to setup for yard testing or just lounging on a nice day. It is too heavy for backpacking use though it would be great to take along for a basecamp setup where there were no trees or for car campers.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I use the Hammeck stand on the road and a turtle dog stand at home.

Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    Judging from the picture, the stand is made for use with spreader bar hammocks and is not deep enough to be used with a gathered end hammock. Have a look here to get an idea what your options are.
    Thanks, a few more options. I am able to get the hammock on the stand, I just cant seem to get it comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by rustyshack11 View Post
    Where did you get it?
    I got it here

Quote Originally Posted by MisterS View Post
    I use this with my 11 ft\ WBBB-XLC and it works fine. http://www.rei.com/product/867559/by...-hammock-stand.

To get a 30 degree hang, I have to rig the ridgeline very tight when setting up since the stand flexes, but when I lie in it, the ridge line loosens to normal since the ends flex toward each other. I like that the stand breaks down for storage and reassembles quickly and easily with no tools required other than the included ones. The included wrenches are stamped metal. I keep them attached to a brace on the frame with a soft prussic so I don't lose them. If you have a large enough car trunk or a pickup, etc., you can leave the major sections assembled for transport. The lower bar joins the side struts that holds the detachable upright end pieces. It uses a bolt with a hand knob to secure the tubular pieces together. I normally do not rig up my superfly, but it is possible. It is my go-to setup for yard testing or just lounging on a nice day. It is too heavy for backpacking use though it would be great to take along for a basecamp setup where there were no trees or for car campers.
    Do you by chance have a picture of your setup?

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I gave up on this. I'm sure ready for a quick, easy, affordable stand without a spiderweb of cordage, lumber and DIY ghetto rigged monstrosities. The Hammeck Stand is close to what I want but big $$$

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I gave up on this. I'm sure ready for a quick, easy, affordable stand without a spiderweb of cordage, lumber and DIY ghetto rigged monstrosities. The Hammeck Stand is close to what I want but big $$$
    I spent almost as much as the Hammeck stand cost on trying to build a stand - when I finally built it I found that it wasn't all that portable, so I built another one....then it just wasn't quite right...you get the picture....once I bought the Hammeck - I was happy - I could have saved money if I had just shelled out the money in the first place - IMHO

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast