ENO Doublenest, GT SBP, DIY
    Tarp
    ENO and GT
    Insulation
    ENO Ember/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Atlas, Whoppie

hammock chair

I was at a "get-away" with the wife the other day in St Simons Island, GA. At one of the locations, there was a portable hammock chair. It looked pretty cool and was wondering if anyone had any directions or a pdf on the site. I did a search, but nothing notable showed. Just wanted a project for the summer while not teaching.

Hammock
    DIY 11',65W;V-Allen Bridge
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Klymt Ins V AirMat
    Suspension
    Whoopi Slings
    Images
    Here's the one I invented. You can use it with or without a pad/air mattress. It's very comfortable without a pad, but with a pad it hard to stay awake...
    20150214_145947.jpg
    Recliner1.jpg

Here's the link for the thread build:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...=camp+recliner

Tex
    Failure is a good friend you will meet on the road to success. Just remember, he will give the best directions...

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Dutch Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I don't have any directions for you, but I grew up going to St. Simons every summer (my grandmother lives there) and it's just a beautiful little island that it seems like not many people north of GA know about.

Check out the hammock toilet seat that "Bic" has a instruction vid of on YouTube. You could modify the pattern so that it doesn't have a hole in it.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
    ~Albert Einstein

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    NR UQ, Kelty SB
    Suspension
    Straps
    if you don't mind the extra chore of building a tripod when you get to camp check out the amazing wilderness camp chair... for me it is great, really lightweight (not that that I'm really into that) and multifunctional that packs small...takes about 20 to 40 minutes (depending on how long it takes to collect the material for the build) to set up with a tripod...If you got some trees close enough set it up as a hammock chair and never mind building a tripod... and I can also use it as a gear storage hammock (set it up bunk bed style under or over your hammock)... if I don't need it as a chair... I did a review a while back but I can't find it...haven't been around for a while and I don't remember exactly how to use the search function or it isn't finding the post for me.. here is the you tube video though...

Hammock
    WBBB xlc multicam
    Tarp
    MWG Storm Fly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0+1
    Suspension
    Straps, buckles
    http://www.fanaticoutdoors.com/

I have one of these and love it.
    Wouldn't be that hard to DIY. Finding a good telescoping pole would be the hardest part I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by lesspayne View Post
    if you don't mind the extra chore of building a tripod when you get to camp check out the amazing wilderness camp chair... for me it is great, really lightweight (not that that I'm really into that) and multifunctional that packs small...takes about 20 to 40 minutes (depending on how long it takes to collect the material for the build) to set up with a tripod...If you got some trees close enough set it up as a hammock chair and never mind building a tripod... and I can also use it as a gear storage hammock (set it up bunk bed style under or over your hammock)... if I don't need it as a chair... I did a review a while back but I can't find it...haven't been around for a while and I don't remember exactly how to use the search function or it isn't finding the post for me.. here is the you tube video though...

I have one of these and love it. Also doubles as a gear hammock.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks (IGD)
    Images

Here is a like to a DIY post to make one that can be used with or without the cross bar.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...amp-Camp-Chair
    "Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. ... To live only for some future goal is shallow. It’s the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top. Here's where things grow." - Robert M. Pirsig

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PaCampingDad

I had a friend attempt to create one of these before our annual memorial day backpacking trip. Needless to say, he's HORRIBLE at hand sewing and it was not functional at all. But it gave me the idea at the site (after watching him fail miserably) to take my eno doublenest and fold it in half and stick the cross branch inside the hammock at the bottom so its basically like the channel he created and then tie the to ends of the hammock to the top of the tripod. I must say it worked pretty well! I shaved down any areas of the branch they may have been able to puncture my hammock first but it really worked well. Here's a (poor) photo of our site. You can see it on the right behind the guy in the blue.
    GOPR6235.jpg

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    I like my Trippy Gear hammock chair. You just need two trees. No stand required.

IMG_5796.jpg
    For more info, read:

My personal blog

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast