WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti + TL 1/4" CCF
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

Exped Wallcreeper

I was curious if anyone else owned and used an Exped Wallcreeper? Exped was bought by OR but has recently split back off into their own company. I bought mine as a summer bag before I did serious hammock camping. I'm incredibly surprised at how awesome it works for hammock camping. It's actually large enough that I can put my pad inside the bag with me, and I'm a pretty big guy. It has some neat features like it can open full to be a quilt, it has a draw string bottom so you can loosen it and stick your feet out, and it just does some other generally awesome things. I guess the only downside would be the price, but I bought mine for a great deal used.

i had looked around for one a while back - don't have one yet - but I do have an exped pump inflating synmat - I'm actually thinking that my next step would be making a down bag similar to how the big agnes bags work (no insulation on the bottom to save weight) and slide the exped mat into the bottom of the custom down bag

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LyttleBryan View Post
    I was curious if anyone else owned and used an Exped Wallcreeper? Exped was bought by OR but has recently split back off into their own company. I bought mine as a summer bag before I did serious hammock camping. I'm incredibly surprised at how awesome it works for hammock camping. It's actually large enough that I can put my pad inside the bag with me, and I'm a pretty big guy. It has some neat features like it can open full to be a quilt, it has a draw string bottom so you can loosen it and stick your feet out, and it just does some other generally awesome things. I guess the only downside would be the price, but I bought mine for a great deal used.
    i had one it was the down model,they are ok ,but i sold it favor of a jrb old rag mountain quilt.neo
    the matrix has you

I had a synthetic Wallcreeper. Great summer bag for a hammock, down to about 40 or so. Works great with a single Oware evazote pad. I sold mine after I got JRB quilts. My daughter still has hers.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I got the down one and I think it is too big for me. I love the idea of wearing it to pee and get out in the morning, but i always opt for a lighter chioce. I think the temp rating is a big lie at 32 degrees. I should sell mine.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I got the down one and I think it is too big for me. I love the idea of wearing it to pee and get out in the morning, but i always opt for a lighter chioce. I think the temp rating is a big lie at 32 degrees. I should sell mine.
    Someone posted the the down Wallcreeper's large girth enabled its use as a sort of "peapod" for smaller users.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti + TL 1/4" CCF
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Hell I'm 6' 2" with broader than average shoulders and I could cocoon myself in it no problem. It was glorious this past weekend!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    I have a PL wallcreeper, and love it for warm weather camping. It is only rated to about 40*. I am taking it on the Northern Hang this weekend, and I'm going to test it's lower limits. Lows expected around 26*. I have a few tricks up my sleeve to augment the bag if needed, but this is my primary hammock bag. I actually used it at Mt. Rogers last year, with a 20* sierra designs down topcover. The two together were toasty warm at 9*. Count me in as a lover of this bag, and I would love to get my hands on Dutch's (or any used) down wallcreeper - it would eliminate the need for the the topcover for me, and lighten my load.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti + TL 1/4" CCF
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post
    I have a PL wallcreeper, and love it for warm weather camping. It is only rated to about 40*. I am taking it on the Northern Hang this weekend, and I'm going to test it's lower limits. Lows expected around 26*. I have a few tricks up my sleeve to augment the bag if needed, but this is my primary hammock bag. I actually used it at Mt. Rogers last year, with a 20* sierra designs down topcover. The two together were toasty warm at 9*. Count me in as a lover of this bag, and I would love to get my hands on Dutch's (or any used) down wallcreeper - it would eliminate the need for the the topcover for me, and lighten my load.
    There's two Down models, but niether are rated that low. I have the 35* model and they make a 25* model. I'm contemplating a Peapod purchase to see what kind of temps I could take the combination of the two down to. I figure if I throw in a pad too I may just make it to 0!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    I used my 40* Exped PL on the Northern Hang this weekend, down to 27* in my blackbird the first night.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast