Up front disclaimer: my apologies if this appears plagiarized...UCR is a popular acronym, yet too short for any kind of search with reliable results and I'd like input on a suspension that I've been using (which, of course, uses parts plagiarized from many other sources ). In fact, after all my research and the countless hours of youtube, I'm not even sure this is really an original idea.

Many moons ago, I sought a superior suspension. (Haven't we all?) The SLS topic got my idea factory working and after all my research and combining different elements, I settled on the below. After several hangs, the only down side I've experienced is that the 10" bury is not enough to prevent slippage with initial loading. Once I re-tighten, I have not experienced further slippage. With this suspension, I've been in cold down to about 15* and in both light and heavy, but short duration rains, but still have not noticed any weather related issues. I am 5'11" and weigh 175# clothed in 3 layer winter weather.

I have 2 concerns on which I'd like to expressly invite comment (though any constructive critique is welcome). First, is the compression of the amsteel as noted in the last photo bad enough to eventually have negative consequences? I'm prepping toward a couple long trips of 7 to 10 days and want to know that I'm not going to be on my...butt one night. Second, how can I improve this to stop the initial slippage? I'm concerned the initial slippage may begin to turn into more consistent slippage with more use or longer duration rainfall.

IMG_20150629_215801 (1).jpg
Max/Min length to tree strap: 20'/11'3"

IMG_20150629_192645.jpg
Soft shackles through the channel on my SLD Streamliner SL.

IMG_20150629_191726.jpg
3 inch fixed loop using locked brummel for attaching ends to tree huggers (I typically use a marlin spike hitch).

IMG_20150629_191801.jpg
10 inch bury through fixed eye piece.

IMG_20150629_192035.jpg
All my ends are return buried. The half prusik to help prevent unwanted slippage on the bury; masonry line half looped and 1 inch tails fished through for drip line; wood bead for extra insurance preventing the ends from slipping through the bury; 2 inch dia. 3/8 inch steel ring for attaching hammock's soft shackle.

IMG_20150629_204214.jpg
Detail for attaching to rings; the point between the rings on both ends of the hammock constitutes my ridge line; can be loosed in the field for adjustability (mine currently is set to 91").

IMG_20150629_195018.jpg
Minus soft shackles and tree huggers, the suspension comes in at 2.5 oz.

IMG_20150629_192152.jpg
The only deformations that I've experienced after 6 over night hangs is on the underside of the amsteel where it crosses over the top of the two loops around the rings.

Suggestions/Comments?