Tarp
    2x WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Selk'Bag Patagon
    Suspension
    TATO Stands
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    That's the exact same dimensions I use for my Warbonnet Ridgerunner. I just have to find a quick way to connect my Ridgerunner.
    Back at _this post_ I mentioned our use of the 24" "Daisy Chains" for a quick and adjustable way we were attaching our hammocks to each stand/tripod. I still believe they are one of the more elegant solutions (albeit a tad pricey).

"Daisy Chains" (info/example link) available online and places like REI/etc...

61YJ5sEVeML._SY355_.jpg

: ) Thom
    Blogging from the WET! Coast of Oregon - Accrete.com
    mine:WB-BB hers:WB-RR, 2xWB SuperFly

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon double layered
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    This stand has been a godsend since Hurricane Harvey hit the Texas coast. Been cool and comfortable in the garage every night for a week now waiting on power too come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB-BB 1.7DBL WB-RR 1.1DBL
    Tarp
    2x WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Selk'Bag Patagon
    Suspension
    TATO Stands
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Russ View Post
    ...Been cool and comfortable in the garage every night for a week now waiting on power too come on...
    Great to hear you are able to be comfortable while waiting out the _storm_ issues. It looked like a mess on the news down there.

Thom

Hammock
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by accrete View Post
    Great to hear you are able to be comfortable while waiting out the _storm_ issues. It looked like a mess on the news down there.

Thom
    It has but Texas is trying to get back to normal. Hurricane has pass now waiting on river crestings too go down so other areas are safe.

Funny how minds think alike, I'm using ENO daisy chains to adjust my hammocks on the stand as well just rig them reverse to get the most loops out of them. Choke and a wrap keeps them from sliding on the pipe.

Been using a ENO double nest when it's cool and windy and a Hennessy expedition asym when the skeeters come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    SB Pro, Lawson, Everest Double
    Images
    Just finished my tutrledog stands and now I'll have to stop at back at HD and pick up a few more things to make this stand ... Yeah !!!

Hammock
    ENO Double Deluxe
    Insulation
    Over/Under Quilt
    Images

My DIY Hammock Stand Experience

Hi, new friends! I've just decided to take the plunge and join the Hammock Family. One of the things I wanted to do right after I got my actual hammock (ENO Double Deluxe) was get a stand, as I plan on doing some desert camping in the near future.

As I was searching for stands, most of which are crazy expensive, I came upon this website, and this thread...and I thought, "Hey, I can do this." More importantly, I thought, "I can afford this!"

So I joined the forum, then spent all weekend reading, searching prices online, drawing diagrams, and just getting ready to make this happen. I pulled the trigger this morning and thought I'd share a bit of my experience.

Found just about everything I needed at Home Depot. Ordered online and got an email at about 0800 saying my stuff was ready for pickup. I hopped into Eugene the Jeep and headed down the hill.

When I got there, I discovered that, contrary to the experiences of some others here, the Santee Home Depot will not cut your pipe and conduit. They did offer to loan me a hacksaw and a tape measure. The other option was to buy a tube cutter. Either way, they said, I was welcome to make my cuts right there in the store.

Having more money than energy, I plopped down $26 for the tube cutter and got to spinning. A few minutes later, I was in the Jeep, heading home.

Having read the posts about putting a washer in the leg tip, to prevent it tearing through, I had purchased some washers with a diameter slightly larger than the EMT conduit. The challenge now was getting the washers into the tips. After a futile effort to do it by hand, I opted for a C-clamp.

It worked better than I expected it to.

Pounding the nut into the conduit was a bit on the noisy side, so I grabbed my Howard Leights.

That way, I could protect my hearing while still enjoying my tunes.

I had also read that some folks had experienced an issue where the nut used to hold the eye bolt was falling out of the conduit. I thought maybe another leg tip would do the trick.

I thought that might also prevent rain, bugs, and who-knows-what-else from getting into the conduit.

I tried the shackle from the original design, but it seemed a little loose, so I tried the bolt idea, which I think I like better.

I think this bolt is a bit larger than I need, so I'm going to try a smaller one tomorrow.

Anyway, a few hours later, I had something that actually worked!

I still want to so some tweaking, but guess who's hammocking on the back deck tonight!

My thanks go out to everyone here for all the ideas. I hope to be able to contribute more of my thoughts and experiences in the future.

Hammock
    Tarp
    2x WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Selk'Bag Patagon
    Suspension
    TATO Stands
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by QDman View Post
    Hi, new friends! I've just decided to take the plunge and join the Hammock Family...
    My thanks go out to everyone here for all the ideas. I hope to be able to contribute more of my thoughts and experiences in the future.
    Greetings and welcome!
    Great idea on the plugs/bolts on the upper end.

HF...Such a great place for ideas.

Thom

Hammock
    Tarp
    2x WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Selk'Bag Patagon
    Suspension
    TATO Stands
    Images

Lightbulb

as an FYI to those who have followed this thread and contributed : ) !! many thanks to all

I wanted to share that i have placed our two TATO hammock stand kit parts for sale in the forum's "For Sale" area. Here is _the link to that thread_ if interested in getting a hold of a high quality aluminum machined tripod head/feet/joiner.

I will mod/delete this post if they become unavailable.

Thom

Hammock
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    I need to make another set of these for traveling. My first set is now at the deer lease for when I’m staying there. Been lucky work has sent me where there’s trees but ya never know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    The daisy chain is simple. But for some, the loop spacing presenta too much of a step. On my “chain” carabiner, I carry a small Amsteel loop, I can go up one chain step and add my amsteel loop, doubled over, to make a half step.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021