HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Yep. That works.

Quote Originally Posted by hk2001 View Post
    I found "Principal Personal USB Fan" for $1.50 at walmart. Here's what it looks like on Amazon. Plugged into my 10,000 mAh Anker pack last night, I slept for about 8 hours, and when I woke up 3 indicator lights on the battery pack were still on. It should also be noted I run a USB light off the battery as well.

The fan itself weighs in at 2oz. Not bad, especially if your carrying a battery bank anyway
    I have that same Anker pack! Although it's a little heavier than I would like I never backpack without it. Keeps my phone charged so I can run Gaia gps for my trips and I will be ordering that USB fan today because the battery pack is always in my RL organizer anyway! Ingenious!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC - DL
    Tarp
    CG 15'x10'
    Insulation
    DD UnderBlanket
    Suspension
    straps, cinch bckl
    Images
    Changed my setup a little...

I had a lot of wobble when I used just one carabiner through the short side of the lanyard.

The way I fixed it was that I used two prussik loops. I attached the carabiner that originally hung on the ridgeline to the prussik loop closest to my head. Then I slid the other prussik loop about 6-inches down from the first one and removed the lanyard from the travelon fan at the point where it separates.
    I larksheaded the lanyard around the body of the fan where it flexes so that it doesn't slide around. Then I used the plastic part of the other side of the lanyard to attach to the second prussik loop.

That setup keeps the fan in line with the ridgeline and it doesn't change direction no matter how much you bounce around in the hammock.
    I'll post pics later today when I get my hammock setup at the picnic.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Cool. Pics would be great.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images

Quick fan rig job

Hey Folks
    Since I'm a bit cheap and lazy here's my quick solution to hanging the travelon fan. It's just a pair of small utility cord loops. No hardware needed. The loops are prussic'd to the ridgeline. One loop is wrapped around the fan body where it pivots. The other is tied/looped to the quick-connect where the neck lanyard attaches. Here are a couple of snapshots (please excuse the photo quality).

20150711_102311.jpg
    Kind of a side view

20150711_102247.jpg
    View from the hammock. It's actually in line with the ridgeline but I kind of leaned way over. There's enough friction on the line that the fan seems to pretty much stay in whatever orientation you put it in. Adding a cordlock so you can cinch it down easily would fix that even better.

20150711_102439.jpg
    Overview....After tinkering I came inside and shortened the cords by maybe 4". This way it will hang a big higher without having such a shallow angle on the cords.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CG 15'x10'
    Insulation
    DD UnderBlanket
    Suspension
    straps, cinch bckl
    Images
    Yup, that's exactly how I have mine rigged!

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Gonna do this. Was thinking of a mesh bag, but this might work mo bettah.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CG 15'x10'
    Insulation
    DD UnderBlanket
    Suspension
    straps, cinch bckl
    Images
    Ok, pics...

Which one, can you advice me from this models https://gadgets-reviews.com/review/6...onal-fans.html ?

Hammock
    WBBBXLC/Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    HG BurrowIncubator
    Suspension
    1/8 whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    Gonna do this. Was thinking of a mesh bag, but this might work mo bettah.
    Thanks for the info Sarge, always enjoy your videos! I purchased this one about a year ago from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I used it all during archery season in the deer stand, my only complaint is after a while it developed a vibration whine on low, it goes away on medium, and high is so loud you'd never notice it anyway.
    It is rechargable, has some led lights on the side and can be used as a charger to top off another device, I've never used it for that however. It will also run plugged into your battery pack but only on low. The run times aren't near as good as they claim but it will go all night on low, usually dead in the morning, but it puts out a lot of air. The handle shape works out across the ridgeline with a couple of hair rubber bands to keep it from wobbling. I just bought the hang time hook but haven't tried the fan in the clamp yet. But, I'd buy it again just because of how powerful a little fan it is. Also, it's too easy to turn on, I have to open the battery compartment and put the plastic tab back in before putting it in my pack or it will get turned on at the slightest bump of the button. I figure I'll just turn the battery backwards if I lose the little plastic tab.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast