Yukon Outfitters Dbl
    Tarp
    futureDIY superfly
    Insulation
    DIY Apex Underqlt
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/straps

Interesting Hydro-Hammock

Some people on my Truck forum posted this. I thought you guys might get a kick out of it. It's an interesting concept for sure.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ck/description

*I am in no way affiliated with this product, it's manufacture, it's sales and promotion, or any other aspect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sandman614; 07-10-2015 at 17:06.
    Learning by doing, Jack of All Trades.
    Keep your feet on the ground and your minds in the woods!

Hammock
    Wanderlust SE Robin's Egg Blue
    Tarp
    Wanderlust Special
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Love the disclaimer, Sandman!

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Wow, I wonder what type of suspension that has, water is very heavy, add a human to the water, lots of weight.

I think it looks a lot like something you might find in a burn unit. I wonder if it is UL approved?

Hammock
    Yukon Outfitters Dbl
    Tarp
    futureDIY superfly
    Insulation
    DIY Apex Underqlt
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/straps
    Quote Originally Posted by runningwithscissors22 View Post
    Love the disclaimer, Sandman!
    Figured it was appropriate

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    Wow, I wonder what type of suspension that has, water is very heavy, add a human to the water, lots of weight.

I think it looks a lot like something you might find in a burn unit. I wonder if it is UL approved?
    To me it looks like ratchet straps. I think I saw some hooks.
    Learning by doing, Jack of All Trades.
    Keep your feet on the ground and your minds in the woods!

Hammock
    Thommock
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I wonder if I can add a ridgeline to it?

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch PolyD/ NylonD
    Tarp
    UGQ WD11
    Insulation
    Several
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Bling
    I hope Shug gets one of these and makes a video review.

Hammock
    kammok roo ( I knows no better)
    Tarp
    still looking
    Insulation
    HG 20 UQ ans a bag
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch
    So I saw this a few days ago and contacted these guys because lets be honest here, two chicks and a dude in a hammock tub sells itself. Basic info was like pulling teeth. Warranty......... "Well we are working on that but probably like an ipad I guess." In some scenes the hammock is in the air swaying and in others its on the ground. Why? "We have had stretching issues but we are working that out right now", to which I ask is this really going to be ready august 2015? " Oh we are ready to go now as soon as kickstarter is over" , but your working stuff out on stretching? "Well we are good. " At this point I am thinking wtf? So I ask what is the breaking point for these hammock. " I would say two adults and 70 gallons of water", So is that honey boo boos parents or the little people big world parents? THey haven't done a stress test? Oh let they lawyers rejoice! A savior has come! So at this point I ask how long this machine runs on a little propane tank. " A really long time." ........... " The batteries run out before the tank will.".................. To which I say, Batteries? That wasn't mentioned anywere. What batteries do I need? " well we are working on trying to get lithium ion batteries but we don't know right now." Ok seriously, am I being punked right now? Is this coversation really happening? So I had other questions that this guy was supposed to get back to me with as he couldn't even tell me the length of the hammock. Never emailed me back. Love the shameless chiropractor plugs in the review section. And at 60lbs for the box, plus 15 to 20 for the hammock ( he couldn't tell me the suspension system or its breaking point as well, just that I was good unless I wanted to get crazy and hang it over a river like in the video..... seriously can't make this up at this point!) and you need to bring a set of top secret batteries and an undisclosed amount of propane ( no thermostat because " we wanted to save weight and energy usage") we are talking back country ready right? I asked about the electric option......... It's on the kickstarter page?............... Says solar option coming soon on your main page, how about that?............ " We have a gas model. We are working on some really cool new stuff this week but I can't talk about that." If I had hair at this point I would have pulled it all out! This call back guy has completely destroyed any chance of me ever purchasing this thing. I long for the day I read about the tragic river threesome in which a man tragically dies with two young females after becoming entangled in his bannana hammock resulting in there inability to escape the hydro hammock that was promptly dragged to the river bottom by a 60lb black box! I can see the response now...... " we totally warned them that it could only hold TWO adults and 50 gallons of water. We can not be held responsible for our marketing video. " Rant over! Sweet mother of god! The have slung 7 pre orders!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I had that much condensation in my hammock when I first got into hammmocks. Shug Stew it were.

This concept is bunkem I say.

Shug the now dry
    Last edited by Shug; 07-11-2015 at 20:20.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch PolyD/ NylonD
    Tarp
    UGQ WD11
    Insulation
    Several
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by angledangle View Post
    So I saw this a few days ago and contacted these guys because lets be honest here, two chicks and a dude in a hammock tub sells itself. Basic info was like pulling teeth. Warranty......... "Well we are working on that but probably like an ipad I guess." In some scenes the hammock is in the air swaying and in others its on the ground. Why? "We have had stretching issues but we are working that out right now", to which I ask is this really going to be ready august 2015? " Oh we are ready to go now as soon as kickstarter is over" , but your working stuff out on stretching? "Well we are good. " At this point I am thinking wtf? So I ask what is the breaking point for these hammock. " I would say two adults and 70 gallons of water", So is that honey boo boos parents or the little people big world parents? THey haven't done a stress test? Oh let they lawyers rejoice! A savior has come! So at this point I ask how long this machine runs on a little propane tank. " A really long time." ........... " The batteries run out before the tank will.".................. To which I say, Batteries? That wasn't mentioned anywere. What batteries do I need? " well we are working on trying to get lithium ion batteries but we don't know right now." Ok seriously, am I being punked right now? Is this coversation really happening? So I had other questions that this guy was supposed to get back to me with as he couldn't even tell me the length of the hammock. Never emailed me back. Love the shameless chiropractor plugs in the review section. And at 60lbs for the box, plus 15 to 20 for the hammock ( he couldn't tell me the suspension system or its breaking point as well, just that I was good unless I wanted to get crazy and hang it over a river like in the video..... seriously can't make this up at this point!) and you need to bring a set of top secret batteries and an undisclosed amount of propane ( no thermostat because " we wanted to save weight and energy usage") we are talking back country ready right? I asked about the electric option......... It's on the kickstarter page?............... Says solar option coming soon on your main page, how about that?............ " We have a gas model. We are working on some really cool new stuff this week but I can't talk about that." If I had hair at this point I would have pulled it all out! This call back guy has completely destroyed any chance of me ever purchasing this thing. I long for the day I read about the tragic river threesome in which a man tragically dies with two young females after becoming entangled in his bannana hammock resulting in there inability to escape the hydro hammock that was promptly dragged to the river bottom by a 60lb black box! I can see the response now...... " we totally warned them that it could only hold TWO adults and 50 gallons of water. We can not be held responsible for our marketing video. " Rant over! Sweet mother of god! The have slung 7 pre orders!

I seriously laughed out loud at 'banana hammock' and my wife asked what I was going on about. Showed her the video and 1 minute in she rolled her eyes and walked away. I MUST have a hydro hammock!

Hammock
    kammok roo ( I knows no better)
    Tarp
    still looking
    Insulation
    HG 20 UQ ans a bag
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashinator View Post
    I seriously laughed out loud at 'banana hammock' and my wife asked what I was going on about. Showed her the video and 1 minute in she rolled her eyes and walked away. I MUST have a hydro hammock!
    But not the banana hammock? Seems like the two go hand in hand.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast