DIY Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ, Sock
    Suspension
    Whoopie, MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ccchans View Post
    Hi NorCal,

I'm from Sacramento and would like to get a group hang going on. I see we are relatively close to each other (a couple of hours apart). Being in between everyone, I have no problem travelling to the Bay in the west or the Sierras in the east. For now I suggest a simple one-nighter so that we can coordiante our schedules easier and people can see how they feel about particpating in these hangs. The first one will be in March, which hopefully gives people ample time to plan their own schedules. I have no prediction on how rainy it might be, but I am flexible with my weekends.

Alright down to some pre-logistics
    :
    1. Are you willing to attend a group hang one-nighter over the weekend? (This is just a head count, we will focus on date and location later)
    2. Are you willing to help organize the group hang? If yes, please see #3, else skip to #4
    3. What would you be willing to help with? (Communication emails, trail research, supplies. Let me know if I missed anything)
    4. Where shall we go? Oh the choices!
    5. Does March work for you? If no, what is your preferred second option. (This can be used for a subsequent hang)
    6. What is your experience? (Never stayed out in the wilderness before, done a few trails, ultralighter, PCT was a Piece of Cake Though, etc.)
    7. Do you have all the gear you need to sustain yourself? (Shelter, insulation, backpack, food, etc.) If not, what are you missing?
    8. Anything else we should know? (Allergies, injuries, limitations, etc.)

I understand there are those who bought a hammock to just chill in the park or at the beach. Once we settle this group hang, I'd be happy to jump in on helping plan the next one.

As always, LNT for life.
    1. yes
    2. maybe
    3.research trails, etc
    4.I'm up for snow camping
    5. yes
    6.Used the hammock year round...snow camping is fun too.
    7. yes
    8. I prefer backpacking,6-8 miles. not car camping

Hammock
    Tribe Provisions
    Tarp
    Simply Light BB
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad + Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies + straps
    Any word on if/when/where this is happening? I'm happy to help out planning/organizing/whatever I can do.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Downy goodness
    Suspension
    webbing
    1) Yes but two nights is even better
    2) Yes
    3) Communication, transportation
    4) A hike in location. Not really interested in car camping for this
    5) March is fine
    6) Hanging since '99 Long time hiker, camper, backpacker
    7) Everything
    8) I snore

Hi NorCal,

I'm from Sacramento and would like to get a group hang going on. I see we are relatively close to each other (a couple of hours apart). Being in between everyone, I have no problem travelling to the Bay in the west or the Sierras in the east. For now I suggest a simple one-nighter so that we can coordiante our schedules easier and people can see how they feel about particpating in these hangs. The first one will be in March, which hopefully gives people ample time to plan their own schedules. I have no prediction on how rainy it might be, but I am flexible with my weekends.

:
    1. Are you willing to attend a group hang one-nighter over the weekend? (This is just a head count, we will focus on date and location later)
    2. Are you willing to help organize the group hang? If yes, please see #3, else skip to #4
    3. What would you be willing to help with? (Communication emails, trail research, supplies. Let me know if I missed anything)
    5. Does March work for you? If no, what is your preferred second option. (This can be used for a subsequent hang)
    6. What is your experience? (Never stayed out in the wilderness before, done a few trails, ultralighter, PCT was a Piece of Cake Though, etc.)
    7. Do you have all the gear you need to sustain yourself? (Shelter, insulation, backpack, food, etc.) If not, what are you missing?

I understand there are those who bought a hammock to just chill in the park or at the beach. Once we settle this group hang, I'd be happy to jump in on helping plan the next one.

As always, LNT for life.
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Whatever is needed
    4. I have gear for all seasons, so it depends on the lowest common denominator
    5. Yes
    6. Often backpack alone, started hammocking this year
    7. Yes
    8. N/A

Hammock
    RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    9X11 DIY Syl
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    Morning everyone. I'm moving to the Atherton area in summer for a new job and can't wait to meet and hang with some fellow hammockers. I'm a veteran of the east coast MAHHAs and can help plan/organize/advise, if wanted. April will be my last Spring MAHHA and we anticipate around 100 hangers. I'll miss those great hangs, but can't wait to help with the BAHHAs (Bay Area Hammock Hangers Association)

Until then,
    Pro Vagabond

Hammock
    Grand Trunk SBP
    Tarp
    Chinook 12' X 9'6"
    Images
    Hi NorCal,

:

As always, LNT for life.
    Hey, I'm a new hanger in Sacramento. I have had one solo overnight at Granite Lake in Desolation and that has been it. But I've got the bug.

1. Yes I can do a full weekend. With the occasional 3 days weekend.
    2. Yes
    3. Communication, Transportation, Whatever supplies I can manage.
    4. Desolation is fun but not easy. I need to get in better shape for most of those hikes. Ill be camping at Sly Park this March with the lady. Ill keep everyone posted on the hanging opportunities.
    5. Early March is booked for me but possible late March and definitely April.
    6. I'd consider myself a newbie. But a quick learner and am always looking to learn. My gear is heavy but works.
    7. I have all the gear I need. WANT is an entire different story.
    8. No Allergies. I have some basic first aid skills.

I have never camped in the bay area but a few hours in any direction gives us almost limitless opportunities. I'm just glad to get something together and start hanging.

Mike

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    I'm from Humboldt county as well, getting ready to go out to bear harbor for couple nights right now, looks like its going to be a little wet;-)

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannowar View Post
    Humboldt County... Nature abounds!
    Im from garberville If your ever looking for someone to hang with ;-)

Hammock
    Dutch Half Zipped
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Hi there, since the last post here was Feb 2016 I thought I'd give it a bump for 2018 and see if there's any group hangs happening?

I live in Newman (near Modesto) I'm eager to get out to hang, a group hang would be great. Hopefully there's still folks around who are interested too (I'm a little late to the party)

I live in Modesto. I would be interested as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast