Hammock
    DIY HyperD XL
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    Whoopies!!!

Share the love TQ! (and soon to by UQ)

So forever ago I purchased a huge roll of 1.1 ripstop nylon from magnafabrics. I have used it to make tarps (diy sil treatment), hammocks, UQs, stuff sacks, and who knows what else.

After a few times carrying mostly fleece for insulation (fleece pants, shirt, and blankets... heavy...bulky) and still having an edge of the chills at 3 am. I decided I would make a good TQ/UQ set.

I have my seemingly endless roll of ripstop already.

So I log onto dutchwaregear.com and order myself some 2.5 CS Apex for a TQ and some 3.6 CS Apex for a UQ. I patiently wait for my Dutch awesomeness to arrive. Upon arrival I start laying out my materials and realize my seemingly endless roll is at its end. I dont have enough material to make my set!

So what do I do? I log on to ripstopbytheroll.com and order myself some black 1.0 Hyper D!

So now I have a Magna Dutch By The Roll? Dutchs Magna Ripstop? Stop Ripping Dutch's Fabric?

Anyway... I HAVE A TOP QUILT! And she be a monster. (It had to be for me to fit under it!)
    finished measurements are:
    84 in long
    58 in wide at the top
    40 in taper down to
    36 in at the foot

(BTW that's a 9 ft pool table, not one of those tiny ones you see in most bars)

I made a thread a little while ago asking about how extra stuff I could add to my quilts. I got some awesome ideas, then decided to throw em all out the window and make a bare bones TQ.
    Both the top and bottom have a roll sewed into them. I basically made a 1.25 in rolled hem with all three layers (Ripstop/CS/HyperD).

Its warmer than I expected it to be...especially after I opened the package and saw how thin the 2.5 CS was.

No idea on final weight, don't have a scale to check either.

Thanks to all businesses/vendors/people who provided materials!! I couldn't have done it without you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice. I'm heading into a build of two top quilts and two under quilts for my Ridgerunner bridge hammocks.

Hammock
    DIY HyperD XL
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    Whoopies!!!
    Are there major differences for UQ on a bridge hammock?

The underquilt for my Ridgerunner is a hybrid between the Lynx and the AHE Ridge Creek. I had previously made a down underquilt where I used all the measurements from my Lynx UQ. I didn't do all the pleating and darting used on the Lynx but it is cat cut and differential cut. On this climashield UQ I've made the pattern from the inside layer of my diy lynx knockoff. It fits the hammock really well. I don't have any idea what the dimensions of the Ridge Creek are, but from photos and videos it appears to probably be a couple inches wider than thus one I made. I didn't put a drawcord in the foot or head end on mine like is on the Ridge Creek.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Lynx Clone
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Any tips on getting the uq snug to the Ridgerunner? I'm going to start one soon as I get my down. Just deciding between Marty and down linens

• + New Posts