DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob E View Post
    You win the large-cajones award for the year. That was incredible. Thanks for sharing this!
    Hahaha I wonder what that trophy would look like.
    Thanks for watching, Rob!

Fronkey

Senior Member mountain_man_mike's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY CLIMASHIELD UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs & whoopie
    I was thinking of tossing you a tip on how to cut some pack weight by leaving the massive brass orbs at home but the process might hurt. That is some video there Fronkey. If I had been in your shoes with a briquette placed "up there", well I'd be pooping out a diamond for sure. Glad to see you face the challenge.
    Happy Trails to one and all.
    Enjoy the outdoors wisely and elevate your perspective.

Modified Penny Wood Stove instructional Video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fPlHqsYy38

Hammock Wheel https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...09#post1035609

Another Really cool JC Penny Puffer instructional- https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...141#post953141

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    When I was a circus clown Gunther Gabel Williams had all kind of wild cats...tigers, pumas, panthers and mountian lions.
    Tigers could care less about us clowns but the mountain lions and panthers used to stare at us clowns all the way across the arena. Scary.
    You got lucky>>>>>
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Just watched the video and my reaction to your reaction brought my daughter in. She watched it with me and she started hissing at the ML to help you out and scare it away. Love it. She can't wait to walk Tala for you at the next Florida Hang.

I'm glad I watched today and not before our weekend trip where I saw 2 big black bears a few min apart just before the trailhead. And yes, like you, I was also calling the bears on the hike in.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream12
    Insulation
    HG all around
    Suspension
    Sling and bling
    The next time someone tells me that hiking with a handgun is unnecessary, I will just refer them to your video. I prefer to have something a little more potent than a hiking pole and a knife.

~HEH

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    Thanks for sharing an amazing video.Did you already have the camera out?Did the Rangers give you a weight estimate for the cat?The angle I got was that it looked pretty big.I would guess over a hundred pounds easily.What would you have done if the cat decided it wanted some Fronkey Fondu for dinner?

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Impressive. The cat. The video. The presence of mind to film. The avoidance of a full blown code brown. Very impressive.

Almost as scary as that attacking tree that tagged you.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man_mike View Post
    I was thinking of tossing you a tip on how to cut some pack weight by leaving the massive brass orbs at home but the process might hurt. That is some video there Fronkey. If I had been in your shoes with a briquette placed "up there", well I'd be pooping out a diamond for sure. Glad to see you face the challenge.
    Hahaha I audibly laughed to that. lol Thanks Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    When I was a circus clown Gunther Gabel Williams had all kind of wild cats...tigers, pumas, panthers and mountian lions.
    Tigers could care less about us clowns but the mountain lions and panthers used to stare at us clowns all the way across the arena. Scary.
    You got lucky>>>>>
    Shug
    I completely agree with you about how I was lucky. There was actually a part 1 to this video and I could already see that the cat was acting funny and really didn't have any interest in me. I know it didn't seem like it in the video, but I was totally scared and insanely paranoid hiking after that. Those cougars don't mess around.

Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    Just watched the video and my reaction to your reaction brought my daughter in. She watched it with me and she started hissing at the ML to help you out and scare it away. Love it. She can't wait to walk Tala for you at the next Florida Hang.

I'm glad I watched today and not before our weekend trip where I saw 2 big black bears a few min apart just before the trailhead. And yes, like you, I was also calling the bears on the hike in.
    Thanks a lot man. Tala is going to love her!
    That's crazy you saw a couple black bears. That must have been a really cool experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Thanks for sharing an amazing video.Did you already have the camera out?Did the Rangers give you a weight estimate for the cat?The angle I got was that it looked pretty big.I would guess over a hundred pounds easily.What would you have done if the cat decided it wanted some Fronkey Fondu for dinner?
    Thanks, Five Tango. I didn't have it out already and there is actually a part one to this video which I'll post next. If she decided to come after me then I would have just yelled like crazy and thrown anything I could at her. Including my camera.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    Impressive. The cat. The video. The presence of mind to film. The avoidance of a full blown code brown. Very impressive.

Almost as scary as that attacking tree that tagged you.
    haha "Code brown" is my favorite way to explain this. Thanks for watching!

Fronkey
    Last edited by Fronkey; 07-24-2015 at 20:31.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Here is part one to the video and you can see what the lion looked like as soon as I first saw her. I was hiking up this hill (Which is why I'm out of breath) when I saw this brown thing and at first I thought it was a groundhog or something and then I realized it was just the butt of a mountain lion. I realized I wasn't in the frame and wanted to try and do that which is why I did a 2nd take. It was also very apparent that the cat had no interest in me because she just sat there and looked around. I admit it was still not the smartest thing to do.

Fronkey

Images
    Man oh man, I don't think that lion had any fear of you whatsoever. In fact I think it was debating what kind of meal you would make and how much trouble it might be to find out. Incredible. It makes me think of the photographer who was filming a Griz on it's slow approach towards him before it killed him. Glad it decided to stroll away from you.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast