Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    7D HG 3s Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jofish View Post
    It was only coincidence that further down the road we ran into Mr. Green. A short while later he directed us to a "State Park" (couldn't find a name...) where we drove to a great view of the Lake Superior shoreline. Good stuff. Thanks Mr. Green!
    It was called Palisade Head and they're part of Tettegouche State Park. I'm glad I was able to show you and Kayaknut one of the more spectacular views in Minnesota. Don't forget to drop me a line if you can get away from that wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post
    These trips hang with you for awhile - they leave an indentation on your heart, a smile on your lips, and a song in your soul.
    I love you man !

Quote Originally Posted by sarahgirl View Post
    Thanks all for sharing your trip reports, pics and videos!

Looks like it was a great time
    I'm glad you and Vanessa stuck it out on Saturday night, even though you chose not to hang with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Thr33 View Post
    Thanks to all who made it up to the northern hang and made my first hang out a memorable one. I hope to be hearing from a lot of you as I grow in my knowledge of the hammock and look forward to lots of pictures.
    It was great meeting you Thr33. If you hadn't told me I would of thought you had been doing this hike-n-hang thing for years. You are an inspiration my friend.

Here are most of my photos from the trip. I hope they give you the warm and fuzzies I get. Looking forward to more laughs around the fire.
    Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho ~ Jambi

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Great set of photos Mr Green! You are the man!

I think I will always remember that cup of coffee you gave me after my trip back to the parking area. Man, I needed that!

You are good people!

SC

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Hex/Grizz Beak
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Wonderful pictures jofish and MrGreen!

It's great to see things from other peoples perspective. Some similar views and some very different.

Jerry
    The "Search" function is your friend!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird, 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing w/ rings
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryW View Post
    Wonderful pictures jofish and MrGreen!

It's great to see things from other peoples perspective. Some similar views and some very different.

Jerry
    Thanks Jerry! You photos were great. And so were yours Mr. Green! Some really fantastic shots guys. I don't know about you guys, but with scenery like that I felt like it wasn't too hard to get some real nice shots.

Keep them photos coming!

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Great pics, y'all! Thank you all so much for sharing your photos and experiences from the weekend, seems like y'all had a blast!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Great photos MrGreen. Now I need to process mine and get them posted.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Sandy and I had a terrific time meeting everyone on Friday afternoon and evening during our all-too-brief visit with the crew.

FWIW, I had a "sympathetic" hang in the trees near our rented cabin north of Grand Marais on Saturday night (low 20's along the lake) and can report warm sleepy-time with the MW 4 UQ outside and 25 degree bag inside the WBBB. I got LOTS of stares and slow-down-honey-whut's-that-over-yonder looks from those driving by.

Sandy and I kept to our dayhiking routine at various spots along the SHT and can report counting 190 trees down over a 6 mile stretch of trail (further north past Judge C.R. Magney State Park. In order to "count", the tree had to be down on the trail requiring step-over, step-under or step-through action.

I'm already looking forward to the next HF hang!
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag

More Phots

I had a great time at the hang. I was slow on the hike this time. Lung problems before the hank kept me from walking to get the trail legs back. Slow hiking makes for more photo opportunities.
    Cold weather camping in a hammock is a new experience for me. With the new sock and other stuff I was able to stay warm each night.
    I found site selection helpfull. I checked the weather raido on Friday afternoon and had the forcast of west winds. I moved over to the lee side of the hill and was mostly out of the wind. In the morning I got the meter out and the wind at my site was about 2 to 3 mph. At the fire ring at the top of the hill it was 10 to 12 mph.

My photos can be seen http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/a...hp?albumid=151
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    One thing I wish was that I had taken more time to go over all the different set-ups. Everyone had something slightly different.

Stormcrow, did you brother ever get an official trail name, and is he hooked on hammock camping and hiking now?
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_n0thing View Post
    Stormcrow, did you brother ever get an official trail name, and is he hooked on hammock camping and hiking now?
    LOL, well I am not sure if it is official yet but I am still leaning toward "Dimetri, the Russian gymnast!", as given by Shug. "Sumpin" is not too shabby either though, so, I dont know. I will have to get more trail time with him. That was the first time I have ever hiked with him.

He said he really liked it. Especially the hammock part. He never knew there was so much to setting one up though...LOL. He would love to go again "But not as much as you go", he told me. LOL. I think he was a real trooper for someone that never camps or hikes..ever.

I must be a mean brother I think I am the oldest of the three boys and some might say I picked on them a little growing up. Recently I took my youngest brother (former marine, now UBER computer nerd) on a trip to the Appalachian Trail. We did 19.5 miles on the first day starting north at VA603 (just north of Old Orchard). Not the hardest section of the AT but certainly not the easiest either. He ended up stopping at the Mt Rogers Headquarters shelter and that was were we left him for about 24 hiours (we picked him the next day).

I am still the mean big brother arent I?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast