Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies

JRB Quilt Question

With the JRB rebate in effect I decided to go ahead a purchase an underquilt. While I was reading about the different quilts a question came to mind. It seems as if JRB has designed some of the quilts as top quilts, some as under quilts, and some that can be used as either. My question is... Can ALL JRB quilts be used as an underquilt on a hammock? I had been looking at the Old Rag Mountain (which sounded like a top quilt) and the Mt Washington 4 (sounds like an underquilt). I decided on the Mt. Washington and should get that when the Jacks get back.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    All of them can except (I suspect) the High Sierra Sniveler, because it is tapered toward the footbox. Not all of them come with the underquilt hanging kit, but it can be purchased separately.

Of course, if you have the 'sewn foot box' mod done to any of them, that rules out use as an underquilt.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Funny. I never noticed the Old Rag being listed as a top quilt till after I bought it. I wanted to use it sometimes on bottom and sometimes on top. After buying it and before using it I saw the comment that it was a top quilt. I examined it and it looked like it worked for either. I called and spoke to one of the Jacks and he confirmed either so don't worry. BTW - it is a great quilt for top or bottom. Enjoy.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by MrToot View Post
    Funny. I never noticed the Old Rag being listed as a top quilt till after I bought it. I wanted to use it sometimes on bottom and sometimes on top. After buying it and before using it I saw the comment that it was a top quilt. I examined it and it looked like it worked for either. I called and spoke to one of the Jacks and he confirmed either so don't worry. BTW - it is a great quilt for top or bottom. Enjoy.
    Unfortunately I wont be enjoying the Old Rag quilt because I will be enjoying the Mt Washington 4 I think the Old Rag might be my next purchase for a top quilt. But the gear funds are going to take a while to replenish after that MW4UQ

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    yes, If I could just find a place to buy my recycling rather than charging me to haul it away...KM

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Roadtorque,

AS gives a good answer....

All the Standard Size JRB quilts function equally well as UQ or TQ, though there origins may be different...

Mt Washington series with dual differential design and body countouring radial baffles are designed for UQ use...

The Sierras are intended as TQ for ground users or larger folk in hammocks...Serrias would take some extra fiddling to be used as a uq...possible but not recommended.

Oh... the hike was great ... and it is back to the shop tomorrow.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    Unfortunately I wont be enjoying the Old Rag quilt because I will be enjoying the Mt Washington 4 I think the Old Rag might be my next purchase for a top quilt. But the gear funds are going to take a while to replenish after that MW4UQ
    The Old Rag Mountain is a nice top quilt. I got to try mine at the Northern Hang last weekend and it worked great! Very happy with it.

• + New Posts