Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hammock arrived!!!

Its finally here...WBXLC with top cover, Superfly tarp, and stakes with a roll of Zing-It...now if I can just find time this week to get all the guylines made and go hang it for a weekend try out...

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx, Yeti, Rev 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Congrats. Hopefully you can make some of the hangs coming up in the next few months.
    Aim for the moon, if you miss, at least you will still be among the stars.

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Plenty of hangs coming up in the fall. Check them out.
    We are the crazy people.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my a_ _ lighter.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    IncubatorSniveller
    Suspension
    Standard Warbonnet
    I know you'll have fun trying out your new equipment. I have the same equipment.

You might want to try your first night in your backyard. Weather this time of year is forgiving and you might not need to spend a lot of time fiddling with insulation. I spent my first night uncomfortably in my backyard. I spent a couple hours that next day looking at some of Shug's how to and realized I'd made some mistakes. Night two, that same weekend, was great and there has been no looking back. My first night I actually came back into the house :-) much to my wife's amusement.

I was glad to be at home though because I could search for answers. That wouldn't have been possible if I'd been out in the woods away from home.

Good luck.

Hammock
    Dutch Argon 1.6 DBL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly + Noah 12
    Insulation
    New River Long
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JSH View Post
    I know you'll have fun trying out your new equipment. I have the same equipment.

You might want to try your first night in your backyard. Weather this time of year is forgiving and you might not need to spend a lot of time fiddling with insulation. I spent my first night uncomfortably in my backyard. I spent a couple hours that next day looking at some of Shug's how to and realized I'd made some mistakes. Night two, that same weekend, was great and there has been no looking back. My first night I actually came back into the house :-) much to my wife's amusement.

I was glad to be at home though because I could search for answers. That wouldn't have been possible if I'd been out in the woods away from home.

Good luck.
    My wife still brings up that couple nights were i came in to house from the backyard hang. then Test Test Test... hammock, tarp, UQ, TQ, suspension, cooking gear, get ur hang angles correct, sleep position. Then test again. But I had a ball learning form my backyard hangs.... went I went for my first Group hang... I was as ready as I could be... still learned tips from the other hangers I met. Have fun. !

Oh I will be in the backyard this weekend...gonna sleep in it all weekend and get it dialed in...have been looking at these things for years and finally got around to getting one...seen just about all of Shug's videos and tons of others...the main reason for trying it out the whole weekend is I want to see how much of a pain tying it up will be...I have whoopies on the hammock but want to try different knots for the fly and see if I want any Dutch bling...I know they are awesome to have but its nice to be able to show the scouts all the knots that they are supposed to be learning actually in action...I also have to measure for tarp skins so I can get them sewn...so that's the weekend!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Photos or it doesn't exist!

Hammock
    WBBB
    That's cool.I ordered my WBXLC last night before i went to bed and I checked my email after work today and it has shipped.Now I have to get my tarp done so I can set it up this weekend.

Hammock
    WB BB, Hammeck Envy
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River, JB
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Congrats. Post pictures when you get it all set up.
    The Pine Barrens tree frog can be found in southern New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, south-central Alabama, and along the Florida panhandle. One of the last strongholds for this species exists in the New Jersey Pine Barrens.

image.jpg

Got all the tarp tie outs done...locked brummels on all with backspliced ends...left everything long enough to add Dutch Gear later if I want...will do setup pics this weekend but if the pic loads right you can at least see it...haha

The two loops at the bottom are just drip lines that I will prusik on the whoopie slings...and the ziplock bag has the solid top for the hammock...
    Last edited by tiggere; 07-29-2015 at 18:27.