Ontario>Killarney>La Cloche>July 31 Is it possible to stealth camp without reservations?

So, it's my 30th birthday on Friday. Everyone I know is busy and I've had a bad couple weeks. I have a very complete hiking/backpacking gear set and I was planning to go a lot of times this year, but I haven't been able to. My availability is suddenly open for the foreseeable future.
    I want to enter a forest before my birthday and come back out at least a week later.
    I was looking into Killarney's La Cloche Silhouette trail, but I guess I didn't realize that the sites need to be booked months in advance, since there is no site availability in August at all.
    I hammock camp and I don't take up much room. Is it possible to enter the park at the trail head and stealth camp along the trail?
    Can anyone think of an alternative?

I know this is dumb, I'm just bummed out and don't know what to do.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Your first challenge will be finding a place to park your vehicle for the duration of your stay. Parking at the trailhead with out your park registration information runs a risk.

If you are looking to stealth camp, there is abundant crown land in the Kilarney area and to the west and south of Algonquin Provincial park.

Cheers

Brian
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

Hammock
    Roo Kammok
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    MSSPatrol/EnoEmber
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I have a trip with reservation for 2 people for Aug 26, 27, 28, 29. Hiking leaving early on the 26th to H19, then to H35 on the 27th then to H50 on the 28th (Although I will probably be stopping at H46 or H47 if I can get away with it) then hiking out on the 29th.

I am currently going Solo. I don't know if we are "compatible" Hiking partners or not, but I wouldn't be opposed to you piggy backing on the reservation if you wanted. Worse case scenario we occupy our separate corners of the camps in the evening and hike our own hikes during the day, Best case Scenario we get a long and can fight off the bears as a team. lol.

You'd just have to meet me at the trailhead for when they open. (I'm thinking 8 am, I haven't work all those details out yet.)

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Pheonix/Burrow 3S
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    You won't be able to stealth camp
    I see you have an offer for the end of August

However if you're looking for something for Friday and the following week try the western Upland Trail in Algonquin.

If you have Jeff's map you'll see you can enter in three different areas( hwy 60 , access A35, or access 4)
    there's three loops totaling about 100 km of trail should be enough to get you lost

I will admit , the trail is not as nice as Killarney but stIll a nice trail. Once you get your campsites it's always a nice view

Thanks for the advice, guys. My plans all basically fell through but that's okay.

Campbell, I'd love to tag along with you but I might have some obligations that week. I'm relatively quiet and we both obviously like hammocks so I think we'd make a good team.

• + New Posts