Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    The Hexon is a lot more firm than the nylonD. Less give. My not as taught as a polyester. Does this help with your decision? Probably not but if your not hiking it in go for the heavier. If you are, try the Hexon 1.6. It is a lot firmer.

4.9oz difference between the two is over 1/4lb but I'd carry it so long as it meant a better lay. Would love to hear Dutch's opinion.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammonkey View Post
    4.9oz difference between the two is over 1/4lb but I'd carry it so long as it meant a better lay. Would love to hear Dutch's opinion.
    Since low stretch is a high priority you should either get Hexon 2.4 or the Dobby 1.9. The Dobby has polyester woven in. It still has the softness of the Nylon but with the support of the polyester. It also looks really cool.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux w/2QZQ Mo, WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HH SS, HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Desending Ring
    I just received a half wit from Dutch and it is made out of 2.4 hexon and I love it. It gives but not over stretch, I would call it semi firm. I also went with it being made 11' and the strap suspension . Love the hammock

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Guy View Post
    Just wanted to recommend the Hexon 2.4 for it's strength and feel. I'm a bigger guy and I make my own Hammocks for myself and friends. I've torn or stretched many different type of fabrics and Dutch recommended trying this fabric to solve the problem.

I got the fabric last week and went out this weekend to Fort Yargo (GA). The Hexon hammock never showed any signs of stress or failure and very little stretch. It was a good thing too because we endured a 3 hour thunderstorm with two hammocks under one tarp.

I'm impressed... Just ordered enough fabric to make 5 more for friends!

Thanks Dutch!
    im 240 lbs do you think i should get 2.4 or 1.6?

Senior Member Theguywitheyebrows's Avatar
    Hammock
    DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    The 2.4 s puppy-paw RESISTANT according to dutch, I lost a 1.0 (the chick-magnet brilliant blue) when a customer touched a rock with his shoulder, he claimed he didnt even notice he touched it. Small hole, the body is in the process of becoming SRLorganizers and stuffpillows. Gat the heavy, its still pretty light. I cant imagine that being the thing that took you over whatever weight barrier you impose on your gears.
    J-Bend HERE -> http://youtu.be/Rk-P-MVnMPk
    J. Garcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug Emery
    "The only thing perfect in this hammock world is the sleep" @ 6:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHncxp_SvA

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies
    Hey guys I've been highlighting some of the things that stood out to me as I am trying to learn about the fabrics. Here you go:
    \PolyD 1.2 & 1.4 is a polyester that is good for 200 and 225 pound people, it has a diamond weave, and it has very little stretch.
    NylonD 1.0 and 1.6 is a Nylon that is good for 200 and 285 pound people, it has a diamond weave, and is very soft to the touch.
    ARGON 1.6 is a Nylon with a weight rating of 285 pounds and has a square ripstop grid and is very soft and not slick or plastic like.
    Hexon 1.6 and 2.4 is a nylon with a diamond weave and square ripstop tha make a web like grid to prevent stretching and add strength. it is rated for 300 and 400 pound people. The feel is very cotton like and not slick or plastic like.
    Dobby 1.9 is not on the site yet but it is a polyester and nylon weave. It has a psychedelic checkered pattern and is calendered on one side so it is down proof and wind resistant. It is available as a hammock body.

Feel free to contact me if I can be of more help than this breif guide. [email protected]

The PolyD is going to give you the most wicking and breathability. The Dobby 1.9 has the most wind resistance and would be the worst choice for the tropics.

I weigh 245lbs and currently have a NylonD1.6 that I'm not very happy with at all. It seems really stretchy,

The Hexon is a lot more firm than the nylonD. Less give. My not as taught as a polyester.

Since low stretch is a high priority you should either get Hexon 2.4 or the Dobby 1.9. The Dobby has polyester woven in. It still has the softness of the Nylon but with the support of the polyester. It also looks really cool.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I made some stuff sacks out of a scrap of Olive Green Hexon 1.6 that I acquired a while ago; every time I pick one of these bags up I notice the wonderful feel of the fabric and say to myself, "I really need to make a single-layer hammock out of this stuff one day!" (I dig the Dark Olive and the Coyote Brown.)

Hammock
    HH Jungle zip
    Tarp
    Dutchware hex
    Insulation
    burrow 40, pad
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I have 4 yards of hexon 1.6 and I'm planning to make my first hammock out of the stuff. Does this material have a "good" and "bad" side like some of the nylons out there?

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    No, it has two good sides.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast