Suspension for heavier people

I have a Hennessy and love it. But I am looking to go to a lighter set up. I am 6'4" and 275lbs. I would like to go with a gathered end hammock with whoppi slings. Are Amsteel whoppi sling able to support me? What length of hammock and material weight?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hammock
    Black Bird 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    7/64 Amsteel whoopies would be just fine for you. We have done tests on our and recommend staying below 600 pounds.

Hammock wise at your weight a double layer 1.1 would hold you but you would feel a little stretch. 1.7/1.9 ounce fabric would probably feel better in a single or double layer.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hanging, backpacking and Ultralight Fishing gear needs.
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Tenkara-Fishing.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Sign Up for Arrowhead-Equipment Gear News: Click Here

Images
    Go with 1/8" Amsteel with a 2,300-lb min breaking strength. You can save a few grams by going to 7/64" Amsteel with a 1,400-lb min breaking strength; but for my money and peace of mind saving a few grams does not trump the extra 900-lb safety margin provided by the 1/8" Amsteel.

A general rule of thumb is a 5:1 Safety Ratio, your weight times five (5) should be the minimum safety margin. I think that most would agree with these general statements.

So, 275 x 5 = 1,375-lbs minimum breaking strength. Factor in buries, larks heads, shackles, etc... and that extra 900-lbs overkill begins to shrink rapidly.

Get an 11-foot hammock as wide as you can stand.

My fabric of choice is Polyester @ 2.6 ounces per square yard: 24 ounces for my hammock, you will hear of lots of lighter option as others post up. I will say a negative is that Polyester will tear far more easily that other slightly stretchier material.

Kevlar Tree Straps
    Last edited by joe_guilbeau; Yesterday at 19:01.

Hammock
    Big Man Bridge by V_Allen
    Tarp
    DIY by Boston
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Try the new HyperDXL 1.6- 72 inch wide. light and will hold you just fine. Im 5'11 275lbs