Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Burg54 View Post
    I use my UQP (old style) as a gear hammock/catch all (for light stuff) under my quilt. I just toss my shirt,socks, pants...light stuff...in it before crawling into my hammock. During the day sometimes I will stuff my TQ into the UQP for storage. I find that a few clothes are fine but anything heavier (like my TQ) resulted in extreme sag. I certainly cant put anything like boots or a pack into it (while still having it be suspended). I tried to combat this by cinching the shock cord up but the the small cord lock usually will not hold the cinched shock cord tight and releases over time. I understand that its not designed as a gear hammock but its become one of my fav pieces of gear because of the UQP/Gear storage usage.

I understand that the new UQPs are using heavier shock cord and a longer channel, but do they also have a beefier/stronger/larger CORD LOCK? Anyone use their new version UQP this way? I can't be the only one!

I am thinking about ordering a new one if it will work better as a UQP/gear hammock. Sounds like it will but wanted to go to the source. Thanks!
    We use the same cord lock, but it is a much tighter fit with the heavier shock cord. I just simulated your scenerio between the two shock cord weights with the same shock cord. The lighter shock cord pulls through the cord lock much easier that the heavier. The heavier shock cord does pull through...but with much more force applied.
    I hope this helps.
    Donna
    Last edited by 2Questions; 11-16-2016 at 16:38.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    We use the same cord lock, but it is a much tighter fit with the heavier shock cord. I just simulated your scenerio between the two shock cord weights with the same shock cord. The lighter shock cord pulls through the cord lock much easier that the heavier. The heavier shock cord does pull through...but with much more force applied.
    I hope this helps.
    Donna
    Donna
    Awesome. Thanks so much much Donna. I will PM you with a couple of additional questions.
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456