Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    ENO doublenest
    Images

Lake Murray hang - SC - November 6-8

Okay gang, anyone interested in hanging on Lake Murray in November? I'm eyeballing the weekend of November 6-8.

I live near Sandy Beach (Bundrick Island / Point) so was thinking of there, BUT if we need a site that could be driven in to I can do some searching. Ricegravy or Dameon could probably suggest some sites. Sandy Beach can be walked (about 1 mile) or boated to.

Let me know if interested

Redbank

Hammock
    DIY Speer type
    Tarp
    OES spin deluxe
    Insulation
    Te-wa UQ
    Suspension
    Rings and straps
    Sounds interesting! I've never been to Lake Murray. Do I need a kayak for this trip? I think my hubby and the dogs can make this one, but only on the 13-15. I have a previous trip planned in GA on the 6-8. Thanks! Keep me in the loop.
    We live in a fast-paced society. Walking slows us down. ~Robert Sweetgall

Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    Mayhaps.

I was planning to go camping the weekend of thanksgiving in congaree swamp, too. I still have to verify that there will be someone in the visitors center to get the permit for the site. Maybe I could do two trips in a month.

Put me down, tentativly, for the 13th-15th. I don't have a boat or kayak, so maybe someone would go halvsies on a canoe to paddle out. Btw, Rice knows of some other spots that are easier to paddle to that might be better options.
    I have heard your confession I know who you blame
    If you had it all back you'd just lose it again
    Can't bank on redemption if you ain't saved
    Don't bring me your tales of temptation and loss
    Don't bring me the pieces of your shattered cross

-- Stuart Adamson

Hammock
    ENO doublenest
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fulminated View Post
    Mayhaps.

I was planning to go camping the weekend of thanksgiving in congaree swamp, too. I still have to verify that there will be someone in the visitors center to get the permit for the site. Maybe I could do two trips in a month.

Put me down, tentativly, for the 13th-15th. I don't have a boat or kayak, so maybe someone would go halvsies on a canoe to paddle out. Btw, Rice knows of some other spots that are easier to paddle to that might be better options.

Sweetpea - Sounds interesting! I've never been to Lake Murray. Do I need a kayak for this trip? I think my hubby and the dogs can make this one, but only on the 13-15. I have a previous trip planned in GA on the 6-8. Thanks! Keep me in the loop.
    I can probably round up a loaner canoe / kayak or two. I'm game for anywhere on the lake or surrounding area. Just happen to live near Sandy Beach. Was wondering about a spot that folks who don't want to paddle or boat could drive to. You can walk to Sandy Beach from my house, about a mile if anyone wants to do that.

On a different note, a new outdoor store is opening here in Lexington by name of Big Rock Outfitters. I was talking with the owner yesterday and he mentioned having a "campout" for the grand opening of the shop. If it comes to fruition i"ll post particulars and maybe we can hangout there!

Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by redbank View Post
    I can probably round up a loaner canoe / kayak or two. I'm game for anywhere on the lake or surrounding area. Just happen to live near Sandy Beach. Was wondering about a spot that folks who don't want to paddle or boat could drive to. You can walk to Sandy Beach from my house, about a mile if anyone wants to do that.

On a different note, a new outdoor store is opening here in Lexington by name of Big Rock Outfitters. I was talking with the owner yesterday and he mentioned having a "campout" for the grand opening of the shop. If it comes to fruition i"ll post particulars and maybe we can hangout there!
    Sounds good. Might be a great opportunity to find some converts. As for walking in, we could do that if necessary...but I'll have to leave the cooler at home. Either way, I'm in for the 13-15, probably.
    I have heard your confession I know who you blame
    If you had it all back you'd just lose it again
    Can't bank on redemption if you ain't saved
    Don't bring me your tales of temptation and loss
    Don't bring me the pieces of your shattered cross

-- Stuart Adamson

Hammock
    CJK-ultralight
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    3/4 crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    put me down for this one.Im not to far from it.i think 3hrs,i maybe back from the Hang in sipsey wilderness,AL.and a visit family in MS.Is it car camping/hang?

Hammock
    In a SkeeterBeaterPro...for now
    If yall choose a campsite that I can drive to then I'd love to go. I don't yet have really portable gear, but I'm down for car-camping. My canoe isn't yet outfitted w/ float bags so I'm not taking her out in deep water any farther from shore than I can tow her swimming. That said, if I can scrounge up a loaner boat then I'd love to do some paddling.
    A free canoe is better than no canoe.

Hammock
    WarBonnet BlackBird!!!!
    Tarp
    BIG FLY (3x4m.)
    Insulation
    SnugFit & JRB HR
    Images

Whaaaa??? Where at ?

Me and Dameon are working the weekend of the 13th

Hammock
    ENO doublenest
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ricegravy View Post
    Whaaaa??? Where at ?

Me and Dameon are working the weekend of the 13th
    Dagnabbit! I was hoping to meet you guys! I'll be ground dwelling the folowing weekend at James Island County Park so that weekend is out for me. couple of the folks can't make the 6-8.
    Ya'll working out of town where you can't come spend the evening hanging around?

Can you recommend a drive to spot around Lake Murray? I'm also checking out a few spots below the dam on the Saluda River.

The new outdoor shop that is opening in Lexington will be Big Rock Outfitters (they have an online store now). It will be in the Old Mill in Lexington on Hwy 1. When you turn in they are not in the mill building itself but the first store in the row on the right. It used to be a wood supply store.
    The owners are hammock campers! They are still in the process of stocking / preparing to open. Terry Long is one of the co-owners and he was the fella who let me borrow his personal gear to try out hammock camping after just meeting him on Internet and via phone! WAIT A MINUTE...I can blame him for this madness that has afflictd me....
    Anyhow, he said they were considering a campout on the Old Mill property for a Grand Opening deal. I'll forward more details as soon as I get some.

Redbank

PS: though it may sound like an infomercial, i have no affilitation with Big Rock! They have just been very helpful and friendly.

Hammock
    WarBonnet BlackBird!!!!
    Tarp
    BIG FLY (3x4m.)
    Insulation
    SnugFit & JRB HR
    Images

I guess I'll be missing this hang.

couple of the folks can't make the 6-8.
    Ya'll working out of town where you can't come spend the evening hanging around?
    We are working 12 hour night shifts all weekend so we would not even be able to stop by.

Can you recommend a drive to spot around Lake Murray?
    The only drive to spot that I know of is Dreher Island State Park. The camp sites are all very close together.

I'm also checking out a few spots below the dam on the Saluda River.
    You are not supposed to camp anywhere on the Saluda River. As far as I know it is all privatly owned property.

The new outdoor shop that is opening in Lexington will be Big Rock Outfitters they were considering a campout on the Old Mill property for a Grand Opening deal.
    I would be down for that!

-Sir Rice, the sloth

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast