Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Rockwall, Texas
    Hammock
    clark tx 270
    Tarp
    hennessy hex 10x12
    Insulation
    E E enigma 20
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Posts
    138

    head end spreader bar

    saw a video from jon eagle on you tube were he added a spreader bar on the head end. Tried this with a 36"x 1" round oak dowell from Loews for 6.00 dollars, drilled hole on each end used there cordage and hooked to carabiner to my suspension. This worked great i am broad shoulder and there is know more shoulder squeeze. Definetly worth checking out. It's like having a new hammock.Happy hanging.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by karbo View Post
    saw a video from jon eagle on you tube were he added a spreader bar on the head end. Tried this with a 36"x 1" round oak dowell from Loews for 6.00 dollars, drilled hole on each end used there cordage and hooked to carabiner to my suspension. This worked great i am broad shoulder and there is know more shoulder squeeze. Definetly worth checking out. It's like having a new hammock.Happy hanging.
    do you have a pic of the setup?

  3. #3
    Mooseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner/W.Logics Snipe
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    LocoLibre UQ,WLTQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bks, whoopie
    Posts
    95
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by karbo View Post
    saw a video from jon eagle on you tube were he added a spreader bar on the head end. Tried this with a 36"x 1" round oak dowell from Loews for 6.00 dollars, drilled hole on each end used there cordage and hooked to carabiner to my suspension. This worked great i am broad shoulder and there is know more shoulder squeeze. Definetly worth checking out. It's like having a new hammock.Happy hanging.
    Yes, I seen that video as well. I would love to do the same to my Skeeter Beater. Do you have a youtube video or pics to show?

    Would love to see how it turned out.
    MooseMan
    North Carolina
    "It is easier to prevent bad habits than to break them" <Ben Franklin>

  4. #4
    sidneyhornblower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Georgia, near Lake Oconee
    Hammock
    Dutchware 11' argon
    Tarp
    HG Xenon hex
    Insulation
    Hudson Rv/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    whoopies or becket
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    Yes, I seen that video as well. I would love to do the same to my Skeeter Beater. Do you have a youtube video or pics to show?
    I think the original video he's referring to is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbdqrNMOHYE

  5. #5
    Senior Member old4hats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ball Ground, Ga.
    Posts
    2,188
    I wish eagle Jon would attend a hang and learn why hammockers are not welcome in so many parks.
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

  6. #6
    Mooseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner/W.Logics Snipe
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    LocoLibre UQ,WLTQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bks, whoopie
    Posts
    95
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by sidneyhornblower View Post
    I think the original video he's referring to is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbdqrNMOHYE
    Yes, this is the one I seen (Had to watch it again Lol) But I was wondering if Karbo had some pics or a video of that (1" Dowl ) modification he did. ?

    Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    I wish eagle Jon would attend a hang and learn why hammockers are not welcome in so many parks.
    Yes old4hats, me too. I'm not to sure about that cord setup on the tree and getting a good bite, different trees (Bark) or if it rained etc. I think I would do a different suspension coming off the conduit/spreader bar. Might be a new project for me and my Skeeter Beeter Pro?
    I do wish he could go to a large hang and see if he's learned or tried different things since the video.
    MooseMan
    North Carolina
    "It is easier to prevent bad habits than to break them" <Ben Franklin>

Similar Threads

  1. Bloodflow to the head
    By Macch1 in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2015, 13:36
  2. Head End
    By Snaggletooth in forum Butt in a Sling Hammock Gear
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 01:05
  3. 3 piece head end spreader bar
    By clmcanally in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 07:45
  4. head end-cap
    By ceiliazul in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 16:07

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •