Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ok, I've been experimenting with angles and a ridgeline. Should both of my suspensions lines be equal length from the tree? Mine currently are not.....

Hammock
    Home Made from Acer
    Tarp
    Kelty
    Insulation
    Body Fat
    Suspension
    Mule's Special
    Images
    I started with a ENO....and had it for a few seasons, was on the Knobstone trail March of 2012, cold, snowing, decided to do an early camp. was at the longest section, closest road was 6 miles in either direction. the hammock split on me at 1 am, down i came. came home the next day, and the following week, contacted ENO. they asked to see the hammock, shipped it next day to them, got a call 48 hours later, didnt know how it happened, but would replace it for the full retail price not including shipping.
    Needless to say, I will never buy, use, or recommend an ENO again. my experience is they will not stand behind their product, and according to the conversation, really dont care about their customers.
    Jerry
    The only Easy day was yesterday.

Hammock
    Sea-to-Summit Pro
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dmfracer View Post
    Ok, I've been experimenting with angles and a ridgeline. Should both of my suspensions lines be equal length from the tree? Mine currently are not.....
    Howdy!

To answer your question, see how your ridgeline is slightly off level? That is due to your hammock not being centered between your "trees" it does not have to be centered, that's personal preference. But if your hammock is not an equal distance from the trees you can compensate by adjusting your suspensions height on the trees.

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    I've found that having the foot end higher than the head end makes a more comfortable ride.
    Last edited by GreatBigDave; 08-11-2015 at 15:21.

Hammock
    Hammeck Breezy
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistingInTheWind View Post
    I'll put a few of my personal items into the sewn on stuff sack and throw that side over the other and it creates a sort of a "cocoon" or "peapod".
    It gives me a way to block the sun out when I want to sleep late or take an afternoon nap.
    I had the flu a year ago May, and spent a couple of days outside in my ENO DoubleNest. I also used the stuff sack this way, and bundled myself up inside it to trap the heat. It was about 70F and I hung up my hammock right in the sun, and roasted out The Sick for hours. It was GREAT!

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigDave View Post
    I've found that having the foot end higher than the head end makes a more comfortable ride.
    Agreed! Same in the hennessy, I wind up sliding toward one end with my feet up in the air if I don't have my feet end slightly higher.

I like my ENO singlenest, Its a great winter hammock (no bulky bug net to lug around uselessly). I recently made my own, though, and I'll probably use either it or the eno this winter, just for fun.
    For more info, read:

My personal blog

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12