Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MadRacDad View Post
    I have a superfly with the no sew mini pole mod. Coupled with the shortened suspension triangle,...

??? (Can you help folks understand? I get the first part but not the second. Thx.)

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    I think you could probably use about any kind of pad with the WBRR. Since you don't actually need the padding but just the insulative value it kind of opens up the possibilities. I wouldn't hike with it but I use one of the old Wiggy's "densified polyester" pads. They're pretty miserable on the ground but work great in the hammock. I have a torso length one for my top then half a z-rest that takes care of the lower half. For the "recliner" effect I just hang the feet a bit higher. You'll want to do that anyway or you'll end up bunched up at the foot end about halfway through the night.

Don't forget that the answer to most of your questions will be found in your own backyard. Definitely try this stuff out before you hit the woods. Also, a windshield reflector makes a lightweight and cheap addition to your insulation. You can use it as a sit pad before bed too. You may have some condensation issues so you'll have to tinker and see if it works better above or below your other insulation.

I don't have to fight with the cold much here in FL so my insulation system is pretty simple. Good luck getting everything dialed in. There are lots of cold weather hangers here to provide valuable advice.

Hammock
    WBRR dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Shopping
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie\SLS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    ??? (Can you help folks understand? I get the first part but not the second. Thx.)
    The superfly is my tarp, it has built in doors that won't close completely around a ridgerunner without a suspension mod. The triangle is made by the spreader bars and cordage that points toward the trees. The cordage must be shortened to close the doors completely (search other threads). The no sew mini pole mod has a very explanatory thread (again search). It basically keeps the tarp pulled away from the spreader bars when deployed. There are many threads and experts to explain these things far better than me. I'm no pro but I believe this rig to be nearly ideal for me. I've got a couple more mods to complete but that's for other threads. Hope this helps.
    I think that I shall never see
    A poem as lovely as a tree.... Joyce Kilmer "Trees"

Hammock
    warbonetRR, hennessy
    Tarp
    warbonnet superfly
    Insulation
    hg incubator0,pad
    Suspension
    EnoAtlas,50ft cord
    Images
    'ridge runner mods?' is the name of the thread where i put a picture of temporary mod so that you dont have to make a permanent change. i dont know name of that knot

Hammock
    warbonetRR, hennessy
    Tarp
    warbonnet superfly
    Insulation
    hg incubator0,pad
    Suspension
    EnoAtlas,50ft cord
    Images
    marlin spike hitch is the name. before you put spreader bars hold 2 lines together and make a hitch and then put carabiner in it if you just want doors closed, but if you wanna short hammock put carabiner thru the hitch and suspension metal triangles.

Hammock
    WBRR 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    pads, WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by skipcurt View Post
    Hanginouthunter,
    I did add some bumper protectors to my RR. Here is at least one of many threads about it. You can buy them from various vendors here but I just went to a local bicycle shop and asked if they had a tube that they were going to toss.
    For tarp protectors/bumpers to guard against your hiking pole spreader bars damaging your tarp, just make sure you put the camera mount end of your Mountainsmith poles into the opposite side from which you enter the hammock. This is the side which has the greatest potential to poke your tarp as the hammock swings out/up as you're getting into it. Screw the tops back onto the camera mount screw (not real tight) after inserting them into the hammock. That's all I've ever needed.

All this info has been so helpful to me as well. HF has so much expertise - I appreciate it!
    Julie

Hammock
    DD and DIY
    Tarp
    DD
    Insulation
    3/4 hammock gearUQ
    Suspension
    tree hugger straps
    A question for any of the ridgerunner bridge hammock owners out there, has anyone met or exceeded the weight limit of 250 lbs on their hammock? I am right at the 250 mark and was wondering if the ridgerunner would be an okay buy for me or not. appreciate all input/suggestions....

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I weight 275+ lbs and Old4hats let me try his 1.7 DL RR at the Florida Hang this year. While it held me with no problem, it was too narrow for me to get comfortable. The Terminator loves hers.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    DD and DIY
    Tarp
    DD
    Insulation
    3/4 hammock gearUQ
    Suspension
    tree hugger straps
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    I weight 275+ lbs and Old4hats let me try his 1.7 DL RR at the Florida Hang this year. While it held me with no problem, it was too narrow for me to get comfortable. The Terminator loves hers.
    Thanks gunner for the input, hope to see you at this years hangcon...

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast