Looking
    Insulation
    UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Hello Hammock Comrades!

Hello all!

I hope this post finds you all well.

My name is Jack and I am new to camping.

I did not grow up in the outdoors. I missed out on a lot I am finding out. I was more than happy in my youth and as a young adult to just hang out in the air conditioner. I did not feel safe in the outdoors at night (at least that is what I told myself).

Things changed for me just last year when I met my friend Dave. He told be about his hammock and the camping that he and his son were doing. I was kind of intrigued, but not all that interested in trying it out. I was scared, and it never appealed to me.

Dave came to me in March 2014 and said he was taking a trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. He described the trip. Something at that moment changed in my head. I said sure I will go. Dave was shocked but was happy. I was shocked and nauseated. My wife just laughed and said that she has a king size picture of this ever happening.

At the end of July, my trip arrived. My wife had me make out my will and get her all of my life insurance information. She almost fainted as I drove out of the drive with Dave. She also about fainted at the cost of getting gear for camping.

The trip was so incredible. We were dropped off 30 miles from our outfitter cabin and we canoed and camped all the way back. It was one of the hardest yet rewarding times of my life. I proved something to myself that week. I am a camper! I love the outdoors! I love my hammock!

Well that is a little about me. I hope to connect with many of you on the forum.

HAPPY HANGING!

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Welcome to the forums.....again.

I see you may be a lurker since January. I hope you find the kid inside you and fulfill all you have been dreaming up.

Check out Youtube videos of Shugemery, Fronkey, and others in the Trip Report section for some cold weather hangs, hangs in the mountains, BWCA, Linville Gorge, Group hangs, Solo hangs, couples hangs. Check out the Annual Florida Hang, the largest hammock hang in the world where we had 230 folks.

Yes, I get excited too. Don't forget to include your wife and get 2 of everything....just in case.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

• + New Posts