Thunderbird, DIY 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly, HG
    Insulation
    DIY, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    lots
    Images
    Has anybody tried the 2QZQ peak bag? You could place it at the head end, it should keep everything high enough and out of your way and you could get by with a much shorter hose length.
    Just throwing it out there FWIW.

Hammock
    wbbb xlc
    Tarp
    blinged out SF
    Insulation
    hg o deg +2 uq tq
    Suspension
    straps and buckels
    I have a res med 10 that is 24v so now I'm having to start the battery search thing,any sugestions???

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    Quote Originally Posted by crappieyaker View Post
    I have a res med 10 that is 24v so now I'm having to start the battery search thing,any sugestions???
    24 volt?? Holy cow... That adds a few complications. Wonder why 24 was needed? Leave it to the engineers.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow Hyper D XL
    Tarp
    JRB 12x10 Univrsl
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    res med 10 that is 24v
    Holy Cow. That's not a CPAP, that's an ICU respirator.
    Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. ~George Carlin

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 30 UQ and 40 TQ
    Suspension
    Custom Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by crappieyaker View Post
    My suggestion would be get a Respironics module...
    Just an out of shape middle aged guy who loves doing outdoor things with his great kids...

www.hikerspantry.weebly.com

Hammock
    wbbb xlc
    Tarp
    blinged out SF
    Insulation
    hg o deg +2 uq tq
    Suspension
    straps and buckels
    I don't know why 24 volt,must have something to do with my med stuff,im not like most folks that could skip a nite or two with out the machine,i have to have it cause my o2 levels drop so low I have strokes and stuff,now to the point its either cpap or die.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    It doesn't have anything to do with power. The ResMed runs the same settings as the Respironics. It's just the way they make their machines. What you need is an inverter. They sell the inverter and cables you need to hook up to battery power on cpap.com. Unfortunately, the inverter eats up extra power, and every bit of power counts when you are trying to get the most mileage out of your battery. I was lucky in that my river rafting partner already was on cpap and had figured the battery thing out. He guided me to the Respironics machine. I started out with four 12V20Ah AGM deep cycle batteries. They work great. Not super big, but weigh 13 lb. a piece. Since I'm carrying them in a dry box on my raft, that's not a big deal. However, they do take up space, and 52 lb. is still 52 lb. to carry around. Now I have two Li Ion batteries that weigh 3 lb. each and take up a lot less room. They cost $220 each. I also invested in a fold-up solar panel to recharge them. It works fairly well with enough sunlight. I still have to bring at least one of my heavier batteries depending on the length of my trip. I can't count on solar recharging 100% of the time. Figuring out cpap and batteries for the outdoors is a challenge, but it's worth it if it helps keep you healthy & rested.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    Sounds like we all could benefit from some new hydrogen fuel cell technology. I have seen some peltier tech that is being paired with camp stoves and cook gear to provide charging too. Unfortunately nothing is designed for charging a 12v battery. I have to have my cpap every night as well...a real PITA for someone that likes to sleep outdoors.
    I would rather be in the woods... my dog would rather be in the pool. My wife thinks we are both nuts.

I have a small lithium ion battery pack and a respironics remstar auto m. Total weight is somewhere in the 3-4 pound range. I ditched the 12 volt cable with those lead filters and made a short 6" power cable. I also have an 24" hose I carry. I have a Ridgerunner so the cpap goes in the side saddle bag or if it's cold it goes under the topquilt. After a recent stay in the hospital spent with an o2 monitor 24/7 and without the cpap I'm not carrying it on the next hiking/camping outing. I will however carry my dental appliance.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123