SL Tree Runner x 2
    Tarp
    SL Winter Haven
    Insulation
    SL 3/4 Quikhang
    Suspension
    Rap rings/straps

Amsteel Blue to hang my tarp?

I bought a 60 foot piece of 7/64th amsteel blue before I realized there is little or no hardware available that would allow easy use between two distant trees as a continuous ridgeline. QUESTION: Are most knots OK to use with amsteel w/o damage to the fibers? Perhaps someone knows of a source for titanium or aluminum hardware that will work with amsteel? All suggestions welcome.

Hammock
    Diy gathered end/Fronkey bugnet
    Tarp
    Diy 11x10 w/doors
    Insulation
    DIY synth TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Amsteel doesn't like knots. You can make a fixed eye loop on one side, take around the tree and pull a little line thru the eye and use a stick as a toggle. Or use a mini S-biner and clip the eye to the line.

Use a prussic on the other side tied to a plastic toggle in the middle of the toggle. Take the line around the tree and use the toggle as a MSH on the Amsteel Tag line, then tighten the line by pulling the prussic towards the tarp.

You should be alright until you can get some Zing-it or the like. Then you have a 60' piece of 7/64th for other projects like Whoopie Slings, continuous loops or the like.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

My fantastic Photographer wife: http://www.capturedhearts-photography.com

Hammock
    Black Bird 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Amsteel is far better suited to other tasks. Lash it and zing it are far better choices for tarp applications. Learn more about ropes for hammocks and their uses at: http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/w...e-dope-on-rope
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    11' PolyD
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY Top/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    Amsteel is far better suited to other tasks. Lash it and zing it are far better choices for tarp applications. Learn more about ropes for hammocks and their uses at: http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/w...e-dope-on-rope
    Paul, you're the man! I swear I see you answer people's cordage questions on here at least weekly. Thanks for being such a great resource to the hammock community. You've helped countless people, including me.

I was having the same problem and I made my own. Look in this thread for 1/24/2015.
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...93#post1396793 In the picture I am using nylon rope but I have switched Amsteel and it works well. This setup makes it easy to get the ridge line very tight and with Amsteel there is no stretch even when I hang lots of my stuff on it. The other end of the CRL I have put a small strong carabineer.

Hammock
    DIY Taffeta
    Tarp
    DIY Winter w/doors
    Insulation
    HGUQ & DIY Down TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Straps n Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by jottoh12 View Post
    I bought a 60 foot piece of 7/64th amsteel blue before I realized there is little or no hardware available that would allow easy use between two distant trees as a continuous ridgeline. QUESTION: Are most knots OK to use with amsteel w/o damage to the fibers? Perhaps someone knows of a source for titanium or aluminum hardware that will work with amsteel? All suggestions welcome.
    I would suggest the Loop Alien.
    http://www.loopalien.com/shop/loopalien/
    I have used them and they work well with Amsteel. Quick and simple. I have since changed to Lash-it and a Dutch Wasp/Hook for my CRL.
    Outdoors > Indoors
    “An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock.” ― Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Hammock
    Dutchwear Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    KeltyNoah12 ENOPro
    Insulation
    HGIncub20UQ MH20TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Blog Entries
    i've been using a knot bone at one end and a figure 9 at the other. seems to work pretty well. The figure 9 is attached via prussik. I think it may be better to just have prussiks at both ends attached to figure 9's or some similer set up. I havent had to change my tarp hight in bad wether yet and the knot bone may may it a PITA compared to another set up. I think it would be easier to have both ends easy to loosen to make it easier to move up and down the tree. I'm still learning and figuring stuff out.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    For a continuous tarp ridgeline you really don't need more than 30 to 40 feet. If you need any longer than that the trees are probably too far apart for a hammock set up. As pgibson mentioned, amsteel is better used for your hammock suspension. IMO go with Zing-it or Lash-it.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    SL Tree Runner x 2
    Tarp
    SL Winter Haven
    Insulation
    SL 3/4 Quikhang
    Suspension
    Rap rings/straps
    Thank Floridahanger! Excellent idea!

Hammock
    SL Tree Runner x 2
    Tarp
    SL Winter Haven
    Insulation
    SL 3/4 Quikhang
    Suspension
    Rap rings/straps
    Quote Originally Posted by sashasrd View Post
    I would suggest the Loop Alien.
    http://www.loopalien.com/shop/loopalien/
    I have used them and they work well with Amsteel. Quick and simple. I have since changed to Lash-it and a Dutch Wasp/Hook for my CRL.
    Thanks so much, I saw these on ebay I think and was wondering! The link you sent says the aluminum version weighs but 2.5 grams. How is that possible? I believe they meants to say 25 grams. Thanks again!