Edge - Warbonnet
    Insulation
    Air Pad, 2.9 R
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Just ordered my 1st Hammock

Hope I don't start having buyers remorse lol
    I ordered the XLC with the Edge tarp, hope that is good combo. I also ordered whoopie straps, 4 stakes, and the stingers. Do I need anything else?
    Not sure why I didn't order tarp guyline, guess I'll order some tomorrow.

I am 6'4" so this is only brand I found that seemed to fit the big guy. Also I like to sleep on my side, and I hope that is possible

What about snakeskins, I am not sure what they are used for? what are benefits of having them?

It is my understanding that the hammock and tarp come in bags

Regretfully I do not have any trees in my yard, so I going to have to get creative on my 1st hang.

Any suggestions are appreciated, sure hope this works out, more money than I wanted to pay - but....

Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux w/2QZQ Mo, WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HH SS, HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Desending Ring
    Great set-up as I am 6' 1" and side sleeper as well and the hammock does great. The edge is a great tarp but do not be suprised if you don't add the superfly with doors if you are a winter camper. Get out and have fun

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Maybe get some fleaz from dutch for the tie out on the tarp.
    Snakeskins are a nice option for the tarp. You can set up the tarp over your hammock in the skins and then quickly deploy the tarp if the weather gets bad.
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I agree with Canoefor2 that you will be ordering a Superfly real soon.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    2 Blackbird XLC 1.7 DL SL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    IncubatorSniveller
    Suspension
    Standard Warbonnet
    You've got enough to get started. Snakeskins are helpful with tarps but they're not essential for your first hangs.

If you haven't already, spend time with Brandon's videos on how to set up both your hammock and the tarp. You might want to hang the first night in your backyard. I did. I actually had to come inside and boot my laptop to look at Brandon's videos again. I goofed the tarp set the first time I tried it. Was glad I was at home during this sorting out period.

Another great resource for starting out is to check out Shug's "how to" videos on his Youtube site. Lots of good stuff there. Really helpful.

You don't mention insulation. Even though it's warm in Kentucky right now, you may still need a little help underneath. I slept last night out and it got down to the mid -60s. Was glad I had a loosely hung under quilt about 3 AM. If you have questions about insulation, float another question out and I'll be folks will give you a hand.

Good luck.

Hammock
    Warbonnet, Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Edge - Warbonnet
    Insulation
    Air Pad, 2.9 R
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    If you have questions about insulation, float another question out and I'll be folks will give you a hand.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

I purchased a inflatable pad from REI to use with both tent and hammock camping, at least that is what guy told me. It slept ok in tent, its extra long, fairly comfortable, but little skinny, edge tubes are bigger to help you stay in middle, also he said it would help in colder nights. Opinions? Experiances?

Also all that stuff on DutchWare sure does look neat, what are the must haves? What replaces what on my Blackbird XLC with whoopies?

Quote Originally Posted by Boo-Yah View Post

I purchased a inflatable pad from REI to use with both tent and hammock camping, at least that is what guy told me. It slept ok in tent, its extra long, fairly comfortable, but little skinny, edge tubes are bigger to help you stay in middle, also he said it would help in colder nights. Opinions? Experiances?

Also all that stuff on DutchWare sure does look neat, what are the must haves? What replaces what on my Blackbird XLC with whoopies?
    I don't use any insulation unless it's going to be below 65*F. I get chilly at about 67* in just a Tshirt, but I deal with it -- I'm also a very warm sleeper, and a nutball who keeps my house at 62* in the winter, unless company is coming over.

Just make sure your pad is deflated. More than what you think at first, maybe 25-30% inflated is a good starting point. And like Shug says, get ready to do some squirmin'.

As far as DutchWare goes, nothing is a must have... Until you have it -- then, there's no going back!!!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    You will have a great setup. We are are the same height, it took me a few nights out in the XLC to get the hang dialed in and get used to sleeping in a hammock before I could side sleep comfortably. Now I will roll to my side and not even notice unless something wakes me up. You may vary but don't get discouraged if you don't immediately have a full night of sound sleep.

I like to keep the 'hardware' as simple as possible but I do use Dutch Clips on my tree straps and a stinger and Dutch hook on my tarp ridge line.

Personally I always sleep with bottom insulation and adjust top insulation based on temp.

Hammock
    Warbonnet, Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Edge - Warbonnet
    Insulation
    Air Pad, 2.9 R
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JMBdevotee View Post
    You will have a great setup. We are are the same height, it took me a few nights out in the XLC to get the hang dialed in and get used to sleeping in a hammock before I could side sleep comfortably. Now I will roll to my side and not even notice unless something wakes me up. You may vary but don't get discouraged if you don't immediately have a full night of sound sleep.

I like to keep the 'hardware' as simple as possible but I do use Dutch Clips on my tree straps and a stinger and Dutch hook on my tarp ridge line.

Personally I always sleep with bottom insulation and adjust top insulation based on temp.
    Do you use under quilt or pad?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo-Yah View Post
    Do you use under quilt or pad?
    Underquilt, HG Incubator 20 long. I've used it up to the low 70's with just a sea to summit bag liner as top insulation.

• + New Posts