Hammock
    Hammeck Netty 11', 1.6 SL Hexon
    Tarp
    11' UGQ Hanger
    Insulation
    LL habanero 20
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Yesterdayt, I ordered a Sil Membrane Monster in Olive Yellow with Navy grossgrain for my wife. He's already ordered the materials...we can't wait to get it and try it out.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7/Mtn wilderness
    Tarp
    Mountain Wildernes
    Insulation
    WL tq HYOH uq
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainwilderness365 View Post
    My new camo monster fly
    Where? I cant see it...

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    Recieved my monster. Great job. And a unbelievable price point too! 19.1 oz without guylines . 11.5 long charcoal gray
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Mountain Wildernes
    Insulation
    foam pad
    Suspension
    Dutch buckles
    I would also like to chime in on mountain wilderness. I bought a tarp at the beginning of summer. It is AWESOME!!!!! Charlie has great customer service. He kept me in on the process the whole way through. He also add a few options to have me try out, which worked great. If you need a tarp definitely drop him a message. Thanks Charlie.

Senior Member mountainwilderness365's Avatar
    Hammock
    Mountain Wilderness Gear
    Tarp
    Monster Fly
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Toggle
    Quote Originally Posted by Namtrag View Post
    Yesterdayt, I ordered a Sil Membrane Monster in Olive Yellow with Navy grossgrain for my wife. He's already ordered the materials...we can't wait to get it and try it out.
    Accidentally did a double order lol so once done with yours I'll make one with blaze orange when it comes back in lol

Hammock
    Mountain Wilderness Gear
    Tarp
    Monster Fly
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Toggle
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE94 View Post
    So I decided to pull the trigger. I talked with Charlie today and as previously stated, he is super responsive.

He is making me a PU4000 charcoal Monster trimmed in orange and I am very much looking forward to it.

Thanks Charlie!!
    Well did something new on yours as far as trimmimg, u will have a blaze orange ridgeline to will finish it up this week

Hammock
    Mountain Wilderness Gear
    Tarp
    Monster Fly
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Toggle
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainwilderness365 View Post
    Well did something new on yours as far as trimmimg, u will have a blaze orange ridgeline to will finish it up this week
    uploadfromtaptalk1447809436340.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447809452874.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447809468244.jpg

Hammock
    SLD Tree Runner DL
    Tarp
    MWG Monster Fly
    Insulation
    JRB Underquilt
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles

Thumbs up Mountain Wilderness Gear Monster Fly

mf_arrive.jpgtarp_compare.jpgmf_weight.jpghh_weight.jpgmf_tieout.jpghh_tieout.jpgmf_length.jpg

I received my silpoly Monster Fly from Mountain Wilderness Gear yesterday. Though I haven't used it yet, my first impression is that the Monster Fly was made with high quality workmanship. My other tarp is an indestructible and heavy Hennessy Hex Fly made from 70D polyester, which is the only thing I have to compare with the MWG Monster Fly. Both tarps have a 12' ridgeline but the Monster Fly's rectangular cut obviously offers more coverage than the HH hex cut.

The MF weighs in at 18 ounces, but that is without any guylines. The HH was originally 23 ounces but with guylines and hardware it is now 27 ounces. The MF is much, much easier to stuff into the double ended stuff stack when compared to the thick fabric of the HH rainfly. I'm really excited about the silpoly fabric that I believe MWG orders from Ripstop by the Roll. As an added bonus, the MF was seam sealed by MWG at no additional cost.

There are plenty of tie outs on the MF which will enable all sorts of different setups when I camp. My only concern is the strength of the tie out on the MF. As a comparison, the HH uses a combination of webbing and hardware that is sewn into reinforced sections of the tarp. From the pictures, you can see that the MF uses loops of grosgrain that are sewn into the grosgrain lined edges of the tarp. Should be fine (but only time and use will tell). If I were to order the tarp again, I would probably work with Charlie to explore different options for the tie outs.

Mountain Wilderness Gear is a great vendor. Charlie was easy to work with, and he was very responsive to my emails. The only downer is that it took 6 weeks to receive the tarp (my guess is that MWG received a lot of orders and is busy). So it goes with the cottage industry (I've been spoiled with Amazon Prime).

If anyone is considering this tarp or any product from Mountain Wilderness Gear, I'd definitely recommend them.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345