Shell Insulated Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Integrated Down UQ
    Suspension
    Tree Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by hang em' high View Post
    Here are some from our recent Seneca Creek hike. You can see her Alcott under my Dream Hammock.

*snip

The pack looks bulky but isn't heavy she had just over 5lbs in it with everything, including pack weight. That is about right for her size of 55lbs. Didn't slow her down a bit during the hike. I had it adjusted too far forward and she got really bad sores in her armpits where the straps were rubbing. So be mindful of that. I fixed it the second day and she was fine till we got out of the woods. Next go around I will monitor it as we hike. Being a lab she has a high tolerance for pain and doesn't show it so I had no idea she was even hurt the first day.

~HEH
    Any chance you have pictures of it packed down outside of your dogs pack? I can't seem to find any. The backpack I have for my dog is a little smaller than yours so I'm curious if she could pack it around or not.

Hammock
    Netty, DW Nylon D,
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    G.Pepper 0 Inc 20
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Great pics and info HEH, thanks for posting.

Hammock
    Dream Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Enlightened Down
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by locknload View Post
    Great thread, a lot of good ideas here. I'm getting ready to start bringing my dog but still have concerns about a "shelter" for him, he'll still be in the cold wind. While his pad and bed can be under my tarp, that can all get wet from rain/snow. I keep thinking about bringing the tent instead of a hammock but do not want to sleep on the ground. It is however, something I will sacrifice for camping with my bud if need be.
    I do like that little green pet tent but not even sure if he would sleep in it, maybe instinct will kick in and he will "Den" in that little tent? Also like the idea of cutting down and modifying an old down bag that he can crawl into.

I've also thought about testing him in the back yard but I can see him wanting to go inside and sitting at the back door.

So far, I have a compressible dog fleece/sherpa dog bed (1lb), a CCF pad or can get a Zlite pad, and still need to get him a coat. He has a thick coat of fur and loves being outside in the Winter, maybe I'm worrying to much, Sissy Dad?

Here's my boy,
    I doubt your boy would be cold. I have a double coated white shepherd mix that I have been contemplating doing some overnights with as well... She loves to hike, it's her favorite thing, even after having her knee rebuilt! She's 11 and not slowing down at all!

I'm thinking a tyvek or reflectix pad might be plenty, especially if they are okay with hanging out under the tarp. Not sure that little dog tent would contain my 80 pounder!

Hammock
    GT SB-Pro, Infinity, Yukon, Vivere
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9'6
    Insulation
    SleepBagThermaRest
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopies,adjSRL
    Some mighty fine looking dogs y'all. Pretty cool how many of us bring our dogs with. And how many solutions there are for keeping them safe while we sleep.

Our first night out on each trip seems to be the most sleepless. Every little noise causes my Draht to start at the sound, which half the time wakes me up. After that first night she usually settles down and only sits up at major sounds... like a bushy tail wondering what we are at eye level with me from six feet away, then scolding us for ten minutes. Move on already, nothing to seee here! Lol.

Anyone else notice the first night finds their dog more keyed up than ususal?
    (insert pithy quote here)

Hammock
    Camping King Hammock Dual layer
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Burrow
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    I went on a 3 night trip last weekend it reached a low of minus 6 celsius on the last night. it was too cold for him on the ground even with his blanket, mat and jacket . so we slept together in the Hammock, I was a little worried since my dutchware single layer is rated at 275lbs, and me and my dog combined are 340 lbs. but we were fine! we can find some pictures of us on my instagram : https://instagram.com/brewster_is_hanging/
    20151025_095158.jpg20151025_105113.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bmantheman; 11-03-2015 at 19:22.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmantheman View Post
    I went on a 3 night trip last weekend it reached a low of minus 6 celsius on the last night. it was too cold for him on the ground even with his blanket, mat and jacket . so we slept together in the Hammock, I was a little worried since my dutchware single layer is rated at 275lbs, and me and my dog combined are 340 lbs. but we were fine! we can find some pictures of us on my instagram : https://instagram.com/brewster_is_hanging/
    Awesome pics. Looks like a fine time.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    [QUOTE=Dux;1539034]Some mighty fine looking dogs y'all. Pretty cool how many of us bring our dogs with. And how many solutions there are for keeping them safe while we sleep.

Our first night out on each trip seems to be the most sleepless. Every little noise causes my Draht to start at the sound, which half the time wakes me up. After that first night she usually settles down and only sits up at major sounds... like a bushy tail wondering what we are at eye level with me from six feet away, then scolding us for ten minutes. Move on already, nothing to seee here! Lol.

Anyone else notice the first night finds their dog more keyed up than ususal?[/QUOTE

Absolutely. ..Grace only weighs 14 pounds. She is in my profile pic wearing her Ruff wear backpack. She is always more aware at night. She settles down once she gets in the hammock with me, but she has been doing this since she was a pup. After she goes to sleep her snoring is infamous or so I've been told by fellow backpackers.
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, except bears...because bears will just kill you.

Hammock
    pick one
    Tarp
    large, Mia palace
    Insulation
    anything warm
    Suspension
    tree or poles
    Oh how I enjoy to relax when not in the hammock

image.jpeg
    Last edited by arczeneb; 11-04-2015 at 21:38.

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    Great pictures everyone. My dog was keyed up the first night but the second day and night she did much better. I think she was exhausted everything being new. We did not do any hiking or anything. She did well. I think she needs a coat she has some short fur and I believe she gets cold. Any tips or links for good coats?
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    JRB, Clark ultralight, Hennessy . .
    Our dogs have RuffWear coats for winter/rain, etc.
    But for camping, the Fido Fleece coats work well.
    The velcro strip down the back makes it easy to put on.
    You have to measure and get the right size, though.

Marti
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts
  • Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast