Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tree Frog View Post
    Check the privacy settings. There is more than one box to check to allow viewing and comments. There is the overall allow comments or moderate, then there are the allow contacts, members, etc give permission to view and comment. You must check all boxes that apply.
    I get the feeling that I checked the box, then unchecked, and am now waiting on moderator approval. I could be wrong. I definitely don't have "moderate comments before displaying" checked. I've even checked "reset fields" and "save changes."

See if you can enter something on my blog.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I get the feeling that I checked the box, then unchecked, and am now waiting on moderator approval. I could be wrong. I definitely don't have "moderate comments before displaying" checked. I've even checked "reset fields" and "save changes."

See if you can enter something on my blog.
    I posted to your blog but as a mod I might be able to do that no matter what setting you have.

I looked thru your blog info/setup but could not find anything to let me change your blog moderating status.

I did see this:

When posting a new blog entry, I would like to...

Allow comments to be posted
    Moderate comments before displaying

These settings may also be changed at the time of posting

This might also mean once you post the moderated blog it can not be changed to un moderated. I am guessing I don't really know.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 08-31-2015 at 18:46.

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Nope. The comment box does not even appear for me.

You unchecked the mod first box, did you then check the allow comments box?

Then scroll down to allow comments for each type of user/viewer listed. Do you see that option? Should be three different questions to allow comments.
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tree Frog View Post
    Nope. The comment box does not even appear for me.

You unchecked the mod first box, did you then check the allow comments box?

Then scroll down to allow comments for each type of user/viewer listed. Do you see that option? Should be three different questions to allow comments.
    I'll start a new blog. Seems like the old blog has properties attached to it that may not be easily changed.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images

SAY GOOD-BYE TO THE BLOGS!!

Funny. Several people were requesting creating blogs on HF. People "really wanted" this. What happened? A couple of us tried it out to get things started and not many people jumped on. I was not even one of the people requesting a blog but tried to get involved to help it along.

So, Did people just not see the new tab? Lost interest? Waiting for other people to make it happen?

I know some commented that they weren't going to "waste their time" starting a blog for a trial period only to have it go away after. Well, we reap what we sow.

The 30 day trail will be over by the end of September. This will be one of those things that get brought up again next year or so and it will not be taken seriously because it didn't work before.

If interested, comment here or go start a blog! If not, say good-bye to blogs on HF.
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Good-bye blogs on HF.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I maintain that it was a good idea, and one that was worth trying. If you never try new things (as an individual or as a business) you run the risk of stagnating. I hope that this experiment was an indication of Hammock Forums' leadership being willing to try new things and expand its horizons in the interest of bringing more people into the hammock camping community and promoting innovation and content creation.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    One neat function of the blog is that as a member I can 'blog this post' if I find a particular post informative and save it. One thing that was hard in the past was finding something interesting in a post with 32 pages of info. Then remembering you saw something and go looking for it again. This way you can save that one thing to your blog for future reference. I honestly just noticed the blog thread and the trial period is half over lol.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Honestly, I hope it's not a function that goes away. It costs nothing to keep up since it's not actively moderated, and if at least one person finds it useful then it's worth keeping around. It's in place now, why delete it just because not EVERYBODY uses it?
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    Honestly, I hope it's not a function that goes away. It costs nothing to keep up since it's not actively moderated, and if at least one person finds it useful then it's worth keeping around. It's in place now, why delete it just because not EVERYBODY uses it?
    I agree 100% Gresh. Just because the feature has a slow start does not mean it's a failure.
    I don't see the site owner watching his calendar and on T minus 30 days he pushes the off switch because we only have a dozen entries in 30 days.

One never quite knows what will happen when you offer a new forum feature.
    It could have blown up in our face or went in a direction the management did not want the site going.
    This has not been the case.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 09-16-2015 at 11:10.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345