Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rbtr winter kit

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Its ok. I over do the back stitching to keep it more secure. Its either been to hot or I have been to busy so I have stalled. I was also working on a hammock for a scout that sold 2600 in popcorn last year. I promised him a hammock. Going to make him a hammock with sewn bugnet and a tarp.

The biggest issue I have is the space to cut.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    I guess I haven't posted any updates. I haven't finished everything. Still have side pull outs to sew and snake skins. I also just threw lines on it but I need to make better work of those. I hung it at our creeper trail scout trip. It held up perfectly. I even had to do bunk beds in an odd way and it kept us dry and the wind off us. My prussiks didn't hold as well as I had on HH hex. I also hung it inside out, not realizing until I was finished. It was about to rain and very windy. Because I pitched it tight and I hadn't had a chance to seem seal I did get a few drips at one point. All in all really love the material.

I will upload pics when I have enough service.0912150835_HDR.jpg0911152347.jpg0906152131.jpg0909152009.jpg
    Last edited by miyanc; 09-22-2015 at 10:45.

Hammock
    diy insulated 10.5
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    becket hitch
    Looks good. I just ordered a winter kit with his new sil poly membrane. Excited to get started but terrified at the same time.
    Crayons - they might look different, but they all taste the same

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    Looks good. I just ordered a winter kit with his new sil poly membrane. Excited to get started but terrified at the same time.
    It's actually an easy project. Compared to others. With the poly I elected not to do cat cuts. its then just sewing straight lines. Which can be difficult, but i didnt find any issues. I would have done some thing differently, I always learn from my work. I made sure to check the joining of the rl to make sure there wouldnt be any over hang. I also don't recommend hot locations with full humidity, or staying up late to keep working. Most of the minor mishaps I had were because I wasn't with it. Forgetting which direction the machine was in before starting.

All said, I can't think of a better way to go for a one stop shop for the top materials. I will be pointing many of my scouts that want me to make them a tarp to rbtr to order me the material. Good job Kyle.

Hammock
    Double-Layer 11'
    Tarp
    Realtree w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ - UGQ, UQ - DIY
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    It's actually an easy project. Compared to others. With the poly I elected not to do cat cuts. its then just sewing straight lines. Which can be difficult, but i didnt find any issues. I would have done some thing differently, I always learn from my work. I made sure to check the joining of the rl to make sure there wouldnt be any over hang. I also don't recommend hot locations with full humidity, or staying up late to keep working. Most of the minor mishaps I had were because I wasn't with it. Forgetting which direction the machine was in before starting.

All said, I can't think of a better way to go for a one stop shop for the top materials. I will be pointing many of my scouts that want me to make them a tarp to rbtr to order me the material. Good job Kyle.
    I really appreciate that and thank you for the kind words. Glad everything worked out well.

I would second the motion to skip cat-cuts. If I had it to do over again (which I will here soon), I wouldn't do them on the Membrane silpoly tarp build.
    - Kyle

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com | "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    Double-Layer 11'
    Tarp
    Realtree w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ - UGQ, UQ - DIY
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    OK you got Amaranth right? I went back and read the OP and thought "we don't have crimson silpoly".
    - Kyle

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com | "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    DL RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Nemo Tensor
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by ripstopbytheroll View Post
    I would second the motion to skip cat-cuts. If I had it to do over again (which I will here soon), I wouldn't do them on the Membrane silpoly tarp build.
    Good to know. I will take this advice to heart.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ripstopbytheroll View Post
    OK you got Amaranth right? I went back and read the OP and thought "we don't have crimson silpoly".
    I can't see colors past the 8 pack of crayons, so I certainly don't know color names very well. So yes you are correct (at least I hope its right) its the amaranth. I guess I could have correctly looked it up.

You had me at red.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12