Page 115 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1334
    #50 is in the books for October. 5 days of hanging spread over 2 outings. First one was a fall gathering in Foote Pond near Michigan's Lumbermans Monument. The other one was a couple days in my hot tent at our annual Gluttony Hang, near Gaylord. Good times!

I found the thread about your hot tent and looked at products from Simply Light. Is there anything on the market that's similar to your hot tent, with or without the features that make it "hot"?

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaniner View Post
    I found the thread about your hot tent and looked at products from Simply Light. Is there anything on the market that's similar to your hot tent, with or without the features that make it "hot"?
    I was thinking the same thing years ago.

This came up for $55, but it's short: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...y-55-on-Amazon

In the end, if you're going to have a nylon cabin like this, you need the wood stove. Otherwise it will be a steambox; everything covered in condensation = cold. Likely making your colder than if you were to just have a tarp. And propane would not work since it puts off a TON of vapor. And you would need to vent it some to release the carbon monoxide.

In the end, I went with Simply Light's Winter Haven in an XL fabric, so I could take it to the ground. But what do I do? Keep the doors open as much as possible and at least 8" off the ground for air flow. Same thing, condensation buildup from your breath is overwhelming after just a few hours in the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    I was thinking the same thing years ago.

This came up for $55, but it's short: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...y-55-on-Amazon

In the end, if you're going to have a nylon cabin like this, you need the wood stove. Otherwise it will be a steambox; everything covered in condensation = cold. Likely making your colder than if you were to just have a tarp. And propane would not work since it puts off a TON of vapor. And you would need to vent it some to release the carbon monoxide.

In the end, I went with Simply Light's Winter Haven in an XL fabric, so I could take it to the ground. But what do I do? Keep the doors open as much as possible and at least 8" off the ground for air flow. Same thing, condensation buildup from your breath is overwhelming after just a few hours in the cold.
    I'm not interested in something for winter usage. It just appeals to me because of the space, coverage and privacy.

Edit: That Oak Creek rainfly you linked is the kind of thing I'd try, but I'd prefer something longer too.
    Last edited by alphaniner; 10-29-2019 at 14:12.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I'm not interested in something for winter usage. It just appeals to me because of the space, coverage and privacy.
    You might be OK then. Still clammy, but not in a life-threatening way in the deep winter. Check out that one on amazon. Very short at about 9', but if you can make it work....

You might be OK then. Still clammy, but not in a life-threatening way in the deep winter. Check out that one on amazon. Very short at about 9', but if you can make it work....
    Yeah, I didn't think to look at that until after I posted. I might try it but like you I'd prefer something longer. Maybe the folks at Simply Light would be willing to make a custom version of something like that.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Yeah, I didn't think to look at that until after I posted. I might try it but like you I'd prefer something longer. Maybe the folks at Simply Light would be willing to make a custom version of something like that.
    Apparently the two he did (like Dave's above) were a nightmare. Just a lot of labor eating into time for other orders. Of course it wouldn't hurt to ask again.

Apparently the two he did (like Dave's above) were a nightmare. Just a lot of labor eating into time for other orders. Of course it wouldn't hurt to ask again.
    Yeah, I saw in the hot tent thread it didn't seem like he'd make more of those. Figured something like the Oak Creek tarp might be simpler.

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    2 more nights this weekend while visiting my family in Cullowhee! Hung on the stand in their backyard. They were not sure if they should be offended or just thought I was weird. I think I have 13 nights this year. So I made my goal of 12 in a year.

Did not think I would. But thankful for the challenge.
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    atlas xl straps
    Images
    I would love to, but unfortunately down here going camping during the summer months is almost a suicide mission. If one doesn't die of heatstroke or dehydration, the mosquitoes will suck all of the blood out of you. Down here we are the polar opposite from the rest of the country...when winter comes most of the rest of the country huddles indoors to stay warm, down here we wait for winter so that we can finally go outside.

• + New Posts
  • Page 115 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast