Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WTB an entry level hammock for my brother

My brother is trying to gather items to be able to hike a section of the Buckeye Trail with our group coming up soon. Unfortunately he's starting from scratch with gear and buying it all at once as you all know is expensive. Unfortunately, all of our extra hammocks are spoken for by others who joined the trip before him. I'm hoping to find a good deal on an ENO/Fox Outfitters/Grand Trunk style basic double camping hammock. Surely some of you have these laying around from your early days after upgrading to the nicer Hennessy, etc. models. Please let me know what you have and what you'd want for it, including shipping to Ohio. We can get him setup with suspension if it's not included. If someone had a double layer hammock that would accept a sleeping pad, I'd consider buying that for myself and let him use my Fox Outfitters hammock.

Thank You in advance!

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Irregularpulse View Post
    My brother is trying to gather items to be able to hike a section of the Buckeye Trail with our group coming up soon. Unfortunately he's starting from scratch with gear and buying it all at once as you all know is expensive. Unfortunately, all of our extra hammocks are spoken for by others who joined the trip before him. I'm hoping to find a good deal on an ENO/Fox Outfitters/Grand Trunk style basic double camping hammock. Surely some of you have these laying around from your early days after upgrading to the nicer Hennessy, etc. models. Please let me know what you have and what you'd want for it, including shipping to Ohio. We can get him setup with suspension if it's not included. If someone had a double layer hammock that would accept a sleeping pad, I'd consider buying that for myself and let him use my Fox Outfitters hammock.

Thank You in advance!
    If you have suspension available for him to use, you can get a single layer 11' hammock from Dutch (www.dutchwaregear.com) for $35 that in many ways is an 'upgraded' hammock. I'd consider that option over buying a used ENO/Grand Trunk/Etc. style parachute hammock any day, and it'll probably work out to a similar price point.

Good luck!

Awesome! I didn't think to look at Dutch's site for hammocks. I figured they'd be priced higher than the ENOs and such. I'm placing an order with him prior to the trip anyway. I'll check them out. Thanks.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Irregularpulse View Post
    Awesome! I didn't think to look at Dutch's site for hammocks. I figured they'd be priced higher than the ENOs and such. I'm placing an order with him prior to the trip anyway. I'll check them out. Thanks.
    Yep - I think you'll find that many folks that don't use an all-in-one netted hammock (like Hennessey, Warbonnet, Dream Hammock, etc.) or still have an ENO are probably using either a Dutch Hammock or a BIAS, or something of the sort. But at this time Dutch is definitely the most cost effective option, I believe. But don't let the lower cost fool you, the quality is top notch, and the turnaround time is stellar. Plus you get to pick from 900 fabrics and colors (I exaggerate, but not by much ) so you can customize it to your hearts content.

Which fabric would be the closest to an ENO or what is recommended? I'm not familiar with PolyD, NylonD and ARGON and Hexon. If he buys one and doesn't like it, I told him I'd buy it back from him after our trip. So I want to make sure he gets the fabric and color I'd want
    Last edited by Irregularpulse; 09-10-2015 at 10:28.

Hammock
    DIY / Half-wit / WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    You could always go with one of the new hanger kits from Arrowhead Equipment http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/s...mock_Kits.html

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7/Mtn wilderness
    Tarp
    Mountain Wildernes
    Insulation
    WL tq HYOH uq
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Quote Originally Posted by punkisdead View Post
    You could always go with one of the new hanger kits from Arrowhead Equipment http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/s...mock_Kits.html
    Where were you with info when I started? I paid that for my wbbb. Love it...just didnt have the money but spent it anyway. That seems like a pretty awesome way to get started.

Quote Originally Posted by punkisdead View Post
    More than my bro is wanting to spend right now, but I'd sure like a time machine! Those are great packages.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Depends on season
    Suspension
    Beatle Buckles
    walmart carries a hammock that is 25.00 very much entry level... 15 yr old son has one and loves it... Just a thought

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon1.0 Netless
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Gen4
    Insulation
    EE-Prodigy KAQ-Jar
    Suspension
    Amsteel Whoopies
    Images
    I've got an ENO DN with the flappy sides removed, original bag made into a bishop bag, and amsteel continuous loops with original ENO biners. You'll have to use your own suspension but I'll ship it to you for 16$ via paypal. It's blue and I don't know when your trip is but I wouldn't be able to ship it till later next week ad I'm currently out of town. If interested send me a PM.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast