I currently have a Himal.
    Tarp
    Walmart brand!
    Insulation
    Arrowhead NewRiver
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

ENO Doublenest vs. Dutch's 11ft single-layer

So I love my little Himal but Im looking to buy a new hammock for 2 reasons, a) I want to bring people with me for nice day-hikes and b) I like to have a little variety (and my Himal is a little small). It should also be noted that Im a college student and am mostly broke for the majority of the time. So Ive been doing some digging, and I reaaaallly like Dutch's single layer (what's the advantage for a double layer? Because if its a good enough advantage I might just buy it). It looks super easy to lay flat in and sooooooooooooooooooo comfy. Im kinda looking at the ENO because it can have more weight in it, 400 lbs, while Dutch's limit is 285. Not a big deal unless I want to sit in one with another person (my best friend is almost pushing the weight limit as is XD).
    So I was wondering if anyone has tried both of these, or has any other input on the matter! Thanks.

Hammock
    Dutchware Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    MWG Monster Fly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge River UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    If you go with the hexon 2.4 material from dutch's website, the weight limit is 400 with a single layer. The dutch hammock is also lighter at 472 grams vs 539 grams.

The doublenest is wider at 74 inches, but shorter at 9'4" vs 11' for the dutchware hammock.

The ENO is $70 and the Dutchware is $35.

I own the ENO jungle nest and a dutchware 11' hexon 2.4 hammock. I much prefer the dutchware hammock over the ENO. The longer length allows me to lay more diagonally which allows a flatter lay.

If you go with the cinch buckle suspension system, your total is $71 for a complete setup that's going to be a lot lighter vs $70 for just the hammock.

Hammock
    I currently have a Himal.
    Tarp
    Walmart brand!
    Insulation
    Arrowhead NewRiver
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Alright awesome Thanks a lot! Im pretty sure I'll get the dutchware one, and will use whoopie slings and either biners or whoopie hooks. I appreciate the input!

Hammock
    Bearded Hanger 11'
    Tarp
    Monster Tarp
    Insulation
    HG TQ/LocoLibre UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade Whoopies
    I also have an ENO Doublenest and a Dutch 11' hammock although mine is made from the Hexon 2.4. I had Dutch make mine a double layer just because. I really love the 11' hammock. I didn't think the extra 1.5 feet in length was going to be a big deal but it makes "finding the sweet spot" so much easier. I also have a Bearded Hanger 11' hammock made with the extra wide 72" material and It is my favorite. I am not sure why the extra width is my preference but it is more comfortable to me. It is probably because I had been sleeping in the ENO for so many years. I sleep better in both of my 11' hammocks than in the shorter ENO, which I can also sleep well in. Dutch's price is much better than the ENO for what you get.

This isn't to bash or promote anyone, but when being told that Dutch is $35 compared to ENO at $65, keep in mind that $65 includes straps, the $35 does not. They're basically equal in price for a complete setup. Now that being said, I would go dutch, because the suspension looks like a better setup, you get to customize and I much prefer buying from reputable forum members when it comes to hobby stuff.

I currently have an 10.5' Fox OUtfitter Double and wouldn't want a shorter hammock. I am 6'0"

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Irregularpulse View Post
    ... ENO at $65, keep in mind that $65 includes straps, ...
    Mine didn't come with straps, I haven't seem them advertised with straps. they do come with 'biners.

Oh, my apologies. I guess I assumed they did since all the other name brands do. My Mistake.

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    No problem, just trying to keep it straight.

Hammock
    Dutchwear Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    KeltyNoah12
    Insulation
    HGIncub20UQ MH20TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I started with ENO DN and now have a Dutch Hexon 2.4. The extra length in the Hexon makes a big difference in comfort. The Hexon is narrower and took a minute to get used to, but it's length makes up for it because I don't lay at an extreme of an diagonal in the Hexon. Not to mention the fabric feels much much better on my skin.

The bare bones Hexon is $35. The ENO DN comes with a loop through the sewn ends and 2 carabiners. The loops and carabiner are just long enough for an attachment point and you will still need to get suspension and tree straps. You can get all this from dutch and/or whoopie slings and still come out cheaper than just the hammock from ENO and have a nicer more comfy set up.

I think the ENO DN is fine for shorter people, but I'm 6' and didn't realize how small it was until I got the 11' Hexon.

Hammock
    dutch 11' nylonD
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL 3/4
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    I have an ENO DN as well as a Dutch NylonD 1.6 11 footer. The 11 footer is by far more comfortable for me at 6'1". The extra width of the ENO I found excessive. It just flops over my face and feet. I also believe dutch may be understating the strength of his hammocks for safety purposes. He rated the single layer NylonD at 285 but I have sat in it with my gf and the 2 of us are pushing 370 combined. As long as you aren't hanging it too tight or using it as a trampoline I think it should hold fine for the occasional double sitting. The NylonD fabric also just feels and looks nicer than the ENO.

I love my ENO (I wouldn't have started hanging without it) but the dutch 11 footer beats it in almost everything other than weight capacity. Comfort, feel, weight, length, price, etc.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast