Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Images
    It is a legit product. Using bigger 1/8" Dyneema and a locked and bartacked splice. Not worried about failure. I am sure they though of that when creating it

Overpriced and under spec'd for sure though. I could make you a set of these for about $10.00

SAM_6186.JPGSAM_6187.JPGSAM_6188.JPGSAM_6189.JPGSAM_6190.JPGSAM_6191.JPGSAM_6192.JPG

It is a neat set up. Has shortcomings You need a carabiner to create a disconnect point . The Strap is only rated at 150 pounds per side.
    While is it a 1 inch wide strap, it's not very sturdy feeling in my hand. Doubt it will hold up well on bark. All that pretty stitching will just turn bark color. Dyneema line is fairly short too , maxed out is just under 4 feet. So you need to have near perfect tree spacing and trees that are perfect for the straps that are right about 50 inches.
    Last edited by Jeff Myers; 03-06-2016 at 11:38.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by stariondriver View Post
    It is a legit product. Using bigger 1/8" Dyneema and a locked and bartacked splice. Not worried about failure. I am sure they though of that when creating it.
    Actually neither are done correctly. Larger diameter cord need longer splices. The stitching is not done to Desighn specs for Amsteel and both are their own interpretation of how splicing is done. Sampson, the manufacture of the line puts out very specific and detailed instructions on how to correctly splice the line together. Bigger lines need bigger splices to properly hold and there is a specific way to stitch buries. Both of which are not done correctly in the case of this product. Hang at your own risk.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HGIncubator/UGQ FJ
    Suspension
    Whoopies / Straps
    Ive had no issues so far. Ive used whoopee slings in the past so I know that they normally have a bury thats at least twice the length of the ones that come on the Helios suspension system. But I've had no failures and only good experiences with them. I use them with a 10 ft dream hammock Dangerbird due to they're light weight. No issues with length yet either as Ive heard that has been a problem for some people.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12