Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Got my new snug fit today

This thing is sweet and Ed practical hand delivered it. What an awesome product and great guy.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    You got a sweet piece of gear there! Many will be jealous when they see it. Keep a close eye on it.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Images

I slept in it.

So I used it the first night I got it and I have to say that I was very pleased.No cold spots anywhere!I have one question on where to attach it to the hammock. The suspension shock cord on the snugfit seems really long and I ended up hooking the beaner to the tree sling on my warbonnet BB. What if the trees were further apart. Am I supposed to put an adjustable loop on my webbing and shorten my shock cord or what? I have the webbing suspension on my BB by the way.What if it rains, It looks like water would run down the shockcord and get the quilt wet.Do I need to put something infront of the quilt to catch the drips like what they sell on speer's website?
    Last edited by Higher Ground; 10-18-2009 at 14:22. Reason: needed to add info

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HGCub/Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HGP/SSF/JRBHR/HGBu
    Suspension
    line/ring/strap
    HG-- congrats on the SF w/ the BB--same set up I've got. The suspension fo the SF can be used variously,depending on what you like--hooked over the BB suspension at one length, or as I do, biners on the my rings from the tree straps. You you have a water cloth there anyway. You'll need to experiment with different tensions on the different lines, to get what works right for you. Have fun.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Sadly I've yet to use my snugfit in the real world yet, I've played around with it within the safety of the home environ but not on the trail. I can say that the Yeti is proven to 32F though and what I need to know is if anyone has used both Snugfit and Yeti in combination? or for that matter Yeti and Mt. Washington in combo together? If so which was outermost? Seems like the Yeti would be.....

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I have the same setup as well and have been very happy with it.
    I've experimented some and what I have settled on is this.
    The mini-biner hooks to the triangle on the suspension. Shorten the shock cord so there is just a little stretch to reach it. For the other shock cord, I use the two loops closest to the end on each side. Tie it to one of the loops farthest from the end, run it through the one next to it, go to the other side and run it through the end one and tie it to the second one. Make it short enough that it just reaches the knot at the gathered end and hook it over the knot.
    Here is a pic. The stuff sack is kind of in the way but I hope you get the idea.
    Once you have it adjusted the way you like it, all you have to do is clip the biner to the triangle and hook the other cord over the knot. Do the same on both ends. Just be careful not to make it so tight that you compress the down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Images

Snug fit

I have used it twice in the woods around my house and I love it. Very toasty and no cold spots. Not cold enough to really give it a test. I was thinking of setting up some kind of adjustable loop , on my webbing ,that the beener on the snugfit could hook onto depending on how the trees were spaced. I was also thinking of just using a strong safety pin though the webbing but not sure if this would mess up the webbing over time.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I don't understand why you would need that to be adjustable. You could use a Marlin Spike hitch on the webbing if you want to go that way.
    I prefer hooking up to the triangle rings because they are always at the same spot. Set it up the first time and never need to adjust it again.
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    WB Mambajamba
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Images
    Holy crap! I just looked at what those things weigh!

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    the sungfit? or the triangle rings?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast