The Ninja (HikingDad Special)
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    NF Down DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Well I don't have a boat and I have to be able to prep the site before showing up and I'd rather not be doing most of the prep work after it gets cold. I have been looking for a spot near water for ice fishen but it also needs to be accessible and able to fit a larger crowd.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    NF Down DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I have been trying to find a place near water for ice fishing this year but I can't seem to find a spot that is suitable. I have found a pretty neat spot about 1.7 miles up the road from where we normally park that is in a pretty epic pine stand. I was thinking I would head out there early and clear some brush and also get firewood stood and ready. The issue is finding state or fed. land that we can gather wood and such without it being an issue with the DNR and also isn't too much farther of a drive for the people already driving a long way. I will head out there in the next couple days and get some pics of the spot for everyone's approval.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Every time
    Last year's site was between Pullmyfinger Road (Heffelfinger) and Moose walk trail.

Here's a potential:

Paste these coordinates into Google Maps (satellite view) 47.403935, -91.282126 It appears that there are some righteous stands of pines just south of Moose walk trail...instead of sandwiched in between the road and the Moosewalk snowmobile trail. I'd check it out but it is a 4 hour drive for me.

Parking: I wonder if the Finland Co-op would be willing to let us park several cars around the side of their property...I can guarantee some doughnut sales...

Hammock
    60x126 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 8 1/2'
    Insulation
    Jarbidge UQ, PLTQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & MSH
    Subscribed to this thread. Wisconsin boys want to attend again, if only for the Saturday egg "McMuffins" and chance to rub shoulders with ole Shug.

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Another WI boy here, checking in. If the stars and planets align, and that 4 letter "W" word doesn't get in the way, I'll be there.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    NF Down DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hikenbike View Post
    Last year's site was between Pullmyfinger Road (Heffelfinger) and Moose walk trail.

Here's a potential:

Paste these coordinates into Google Maps (satellite view) 47.403935, -91.282126 It appears that there are some righteous stands of pines just south of Moose walk trail...instead of sandwiched in between the road and the Moosewalk snowmobile trail. I'd check it out but it is a 4 hour drive for me.

Parking: I wonder if the Finland Co-op would be willing to let us park several cars around the side of their property...I can guarantee some doughnut sales...

We shouldn't have to park at the co-op for that spot. We can park in the same lot. That area is a part of the an old pine stand planted back in the 60's I believe, not sure how the undergrowth is. But I will check it out in the next 2 days. Here is the place I was thinking. 47.404397, -91.299061 very close, just on the other side of hefflefinger rd. I've already been out here and there is quite a few standing deads. Plus I will be going out early to stand some of the the cut wood up so it's available for when we get there. But since everyone seems to be ok with near the same spot. (I know we all love Finland) I say we use it. I will be adding these coordinates to the beginning of the post. It's exactly 1.7 miles up the road from the parking lot on the Right hand side. This gives people the opportunity to drive there cars up a little a closer to unload if they don't have the gear or the capability of lugging there gear that far. (Though the exercise wouldn't hurt ya You can copy and paste those coordinates in google maps for directions. After seeing this place I know you'll like it. If anyone has anything against this location I will wait two days again before posting it as the final decision. All in favor AYE all opposed nay, you get the idea!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    I'm in..... and maybe, just maybe I'll participate in the food sharing this year lol. I guess it was a bit better last year than in the previous years that I had attended.
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Speer, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps
    Hi folks,

I won't be able to attend the FBH this year. I already have something going on during the same weekend. I hope you all have a fun and safe time. Remember to take care of and watch out for one another.

Cheers,

MT

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images
    Can't wait C'mon Frozen Butt Hang, January 2016. Might also stay thru Sunday night.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    NF Down DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Here is the google maps to the location of this years hang. It's exactly 1.7miles up the road from the parking lot we normally park at, on the right hand side. I will be heading out to the site this weekend with weird Ire to clean up the area a bit and to get some wood prepped. May even make it an over-nighter if anyone else is interested in comen!
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/47.4...e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast