SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Almost exclusively backpacking. Not a good place to hang at home, but working on that. I do now take one of them on scout trips, including having hung in the Chattanooga Aquarium on a Sleep in the Deep trip. Boy, was that a lifesaver!
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Tribe, RBTR AH, GTUL
    Insulation
    AHE, Snugpak
    Suspension
    June Bugs, webbing
    3 hammocks, 3 hammock stands:
    ENO DoubleNest, 1" galvanized pipe stand [bedroom: full-time indoor hanging]
    Yukon Outfitters Mosquito, metal U-shaped hammock stand [backyard: summer nights, lazy afternoons]
    Grand Trunk Ultralight, TurtleLady stand [indoors: summer nights that are too noisy outdoors (dogs, parties, A/C units)]

I'm not a backpacker or camper - I just love hammocks.

WB BB That I carry with me just about everywhere (I am currently backpacking so that helps), it is my lounger as well as my sleeper!

I've got four hammocks, two of these: https://www.varusteleka.com/en/produ...-hammock/20074
    One to hang at home or yard and other to cabin
    And DD Frontline with 3x3m dd tarp for outdoors and hiking and a DD SuperLight to edc so I can relax when/where ever I feel like so.
    I've modded those Varusteleka ones a bit with selfmade two sided stuffsacks (made from used British PLCE rucksack side pouch liner bag), continuous loops, lighter carabiners and recently bought kevlar webbing and sew-on dutch clips. Got the weight down from 600g to 350g. Next I'll try my luck making bugnet from military surplus.

Hammock
    Argon X90 Experimental hammock
    Tarp
    7'x9' cuben tarp
    Insulation
    Pads and quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar + dynaglide
    Images
    I have more hammocks than I know what to do with. I don't even know how many I have at this point anymore. That said I have one hammock I like to use for all hiking and longing in my back yard and that is my cammo ghost. Recently I have made a hammock from argon 90 as an experiment and I've used it a few times but don't expect it to replace my other hammock.
    NO SNIVELING!
    www.hikinghq.net - Hiking H.Q.
    www.bmtguide.com - the BMT Thru Hiker's Guide

Hammock
    Grand Trunk SBP
    Tarp
    Chinook 12' X 9'6"
    Images
    I keep my GT SBP in my truck just in case I see a nice spot to hang. Unfortunately I don't have the room in my apt to set up a hang. Would be great though.

Hammock
    Robic XL 1.1oz 11'
    Tarp
    RSBTR PU4000 tarps
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* 20* 40* set
    Suspension
    Multi buckle web
    I have the HH DJ strung out in the bedroom.
    The WB traveler is my full time outdoor hammock right now till the temps exceed my 20* quilts or I get a 0* quilt set come end of Nov
    And have a Cotton one that a friend has for now....was asking to get it back and his wife adamantly said NO!!! ....guess have to wait till she gets a test hang or 3 in hahhaahaha ..if he ever gets it strung up. But plan is to use it as a couch/lounger in the house for TV or computer time.

Next need to do a DIY hammock just cause.
    Life is too Short to not feed the addiction....Hang on and explore the World

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12