Hammock
    Dutchware hexon 1.6
    Insulation
    New River
    Suspension
    dogbones

Old noob hanging

Old noob here. The HF is a great resource. I ordered a hammock, webbing, and Amsteel from dutchware, and an UQ from arrowhead. I built a stand for my bedroom, sewed some loops, and made dogbones. I’ve been hanging about two weeks. I haven’t gotten past four hours at a time yet.

I made whoopee slings for taking it outside. I plan to make a turtle dog stand soon for my fantasy road trip. The trip is a fantasy, but the stand is real.

Opie, Slobro, and hppyfngy posts helped a lot. I’m sure others will too as the need arises.IMG_0887.jpg

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    I hope you can get more than four hours in hammock at a time. Why is that? Is it due to lack of time or lack of comfort. For comfort try an 11 foot hammock with a hammock structural ridge line set at 83% or 110 inches for a good starting point and adjusting only an inch longer or shorter to get the most comfort possible and if you are getting too cold use insulation under you, either pads or under quilts. Good luck James954. An Old noob hanging will be an old pro after talking hammocks with Opie, Slobro and hppyfngy.

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    Welcome. Lots of old gents here. Looks like you have suspension and amsteel skills figured out already.
    An 11 foot hammock might be your answer for comfort. With that top rail you wouldn't need a structured ridge line (the beam works like the ridgeline). I used adjustable suspension until I figured out the correct hang angle for myself, then replace with continuous loops (or dog bones) for quick set-up/take down.
    Thanks for that photo - I've been think about a hammock stand for inside my RV and your photo shows the same idea I was working on. May just motivate me enough to make something.
    I used hppyfngy's directions for my TD stand and after 3 years and lots of use it's still in good shape.
    Oh ya, figure out where you want to go/see and take some road trips - life's short. Don't over plan just go with the flow/weather. Indiana is a good starting point.
    Last edited by oldpappy; 10-19-2015 at 07:21.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    The correlation between old and saggy is somewhat ironic. I found that an 11 footer with a lot of sag in it was the answer. Only problem I have now is too much sleep. Don't want to get up in the morning, but old bladders rule.
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    SLD WH
    Insulation
    MH 0 Bag/LL 0 RR
    Suspension
    STRAPS
    I'd be interested in knowing just how old some of us 'old guys' really are as age really is mental assuming one has reasonably good health given his/her age.

Hammock
    DIY, BB, Snipe
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutch n whoops
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by robclay1 View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing just how old some of us 'old guys' really are as age really is mental assuming one has reasonably good health given his/her age.
    I never met an old man in the mountains (even though I see one in the mirror at home!)
    Mush on! The spirit within us rules!

• + New Posts