Hammock
    El dorado
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    Great Trip reports Guys! I don't really have anything to add that hasn't been covered allready but I did enjoy the trip. Thanks again to everyone for all of your concern and help during the day Saturday. I'm back to nearly 100% today and should be good to go for my trip this weekend. It was really good to see everyone again and to meet the newcomers. Thanks Doug for bringing MacEntyre by the house to get his truck ( hope the Talladega race traffic wasn't too bad)
    I'm ready for the next Sipsey hang allready....... How bout ya'll

Hammock
    5 DIY's and a Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    BWDD 4 Season, DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator / DIY IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!
    Images
    Thanks for the great trip report Angrysparrow. I have Sipsey fever now! I've been telling everyone I know about this most incredible place.

Can't wait to go back.
    If God had meant for us to sleep on the ground,
    He wouldn't have created trees....

“Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in where nature may heal and cheer and give strength to the body and soul.” - John Muir

Images
    Anyone who has not been to Sipsey must know from these reports and pictures that it is a very special and unique place. This weekend awed and dazzled all of us on the hike, but to say that a good time was had by all needs a little clarification. First off, Skippy didn't have fun-but, I'll bet he'll look back on this as a weekend that revealed its own sort of rewards. Second, we hiked in the rain, got wet, slipped on the rocks and mud, went without meals, kept wet boots and socks, and so forth and so on, but, I think everyone would agree, it was a mighty fine weekend in the woods! The adversity of the conditions, Skippy's dilema, and the majesty of the setting seemed to bring out the best in all of us. I witnessed a demonstration of caring, and sharing, and generosity, and a common bond rooted in a genuine love of being in nature, that one would not expect from a group of guys, some of whom had never met before. It was a pleasure to be in the company of such a fine group of men.

And, as for my crazy cousin that made a surprize appearance, I'll see if I can't find a picture of him to post. He showed up just in time to out-harrass the local good ol' boys that were out looking for a cheap thrill...yeah, a good time WAS had by all!
    Sometimes even a Blind Hog finds an Acorn

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    IHIBH:
    And I quote: "The next trip I will post pictures of what a Sipsey mile looks like! I wish I had pictures of Bigbamaguy going over and under trees,climbing muddy banks. I fell 3 times Friday night going in and I'm the bony fart!"

Whats wrong with a fatboy going over and under the monuments of BHNF?

I am actually very happy that I was able to join ya'll and wish that I could have stayed for the night on Saturday. I will have to admit that after all of the falling, stumbling, crawling and trying to figure out how a pack could gain 100lbs over night...........our trail dinner and fellowship on Saturday was worth every step!!!!!!!

To all who want a challenge and one of the most picturesque areas in the country, please come to the Sipsey and see all of the sites. However, make sure you have great guides like IHangInBankhead(Thomas), Angrysparrow(Sam) or Hitori(John). They have a great grasp of the area and terrain and are always willing to help at any point with most anything that happens on the trail. Thanks guys for helping and waiting on the Sipsey Sloth......and no I am not using that as a new screen name!!!!!!

I am having technical difficulties getting the computer to take the pics that I have from the camera, so they will have to be uploaded tomorrow morning!

To all of you out there......MacEntyre is a true man!!!!!!!!
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    Speer
    Tarp
    JRB 10x11
    Insulation
    Snugfit
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Hey Blue Caboose, sorry we missed you! How did you figure out which truck to leave your nice note on? ( That was my truck BTW! I thought I had a ticket or something! ) Sounds like you had a good experience any way.

Just guessed.

Hammock
    CJK-ultralight
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    3/4 crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IhangnBankhead View Post
    This is a Great waterfall, I don't think I took enough pictures of folks, the next time I will do better! Hey whats that guy doing in the camo? I got pictures of Skippy and if he gives the word I will post them WARNING!! he don't look good! I got more pictures of Sunday coming next! I wish you guys would got to seen the waterfall with the rainbow! P.S. look to the right of Doug!
    LOL,that guy in the camo was on a mission.Hey IhangnBankhead,thanks for the pics &nice to meet you.Look forward to the next hang.Charles

Images
    Just a few more pictures, including one of that guy that showed up just in time to scare off those locals who thought they had an easy mark. He told me he put his face up to the pickup truck's window just to see those cute girls in the back seat that were scared and screaming and looking the other way trying to see MacEntyre over in the woods who was shining a laser-like spotlight on them. He just couldn't understand why they got so upset when they turned around and saw him. Yeah, a good time really was had by all.5-Sipsey-10-30-09.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images

Big foot was there!

That is Great Doug! That's all it took to put them on the road! Them kids trying to tell us about some Big Foot living in Bankhead! Just think what they was thinking after seeing Doug in that getup! They went home scared!
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior
    Getting old is not for sissies! My mother in law Opal!
    It's me It's me It's Mr.T

Hammock
    Traveler
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben
    Insulation
    LeighLo/Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Is that a relative of yours Doug? I think I see the resemblance.

Images
    Yeah, Distinctive teeth have long been a family trademark!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast