WBBB 1.1 SL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Here are my HG quilts in their included stuff sacks. They compress further, but I don't like to do that. I just keep both of my quilts in a pack liner at the bottom of my backpack. The difference between my 0° Burrow and 15° Marmot Pinnacle bag is huge!

Awesome thanks for that photo. Only thing that'd improve it is to include an every day object or ruler for absolute scale.

Is the burrow 0 really larger than the incubator 0?

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fhqwgads2005 View Post
    Awesome thanks for that photo. Only thing that'd improve it is to include an every day object or ruler for absolute scale.

Is the burrow 0 really larger than the incubator 0?
    Yeah I wish I would have included a Nalgene or something for reference. I believe I put an extra 1oz in both the 0° Incubator and Burrow, so that wouldn't be the reason for the size difference. I guess it's just a little bigger. Very close though. If I cinched the bag down tighter maybe they would look the same.

On a side note, I originally shot this photo for another thread and talked about the length of Burrows. While Hammockgear lists all my "standard" lengths as 74", my 0° was clearly longer than the 40 and 20. All have sewn footboxes.

Hammock
    11' Dutch 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    HG cuben hex
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    I just shoved my 0 incubator and 20 buroww in the bottom of my pack (ohm) with a full winter pack load with food for 4 days. It was a full house but it all fit.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    EE Revolt/Rev 20*
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I was wondering how others fit all their down in a pack. I just shoved my EE revolution 10 and Incubator 20 at the bottom of my pack (Exos 58), and stuffed the rest of my winter gear on top. It all fit but it was fully expanded at the sides.

I tried with putting them in one large compression sack, but it seems like the weird geometry makes it worse despite being technically less volume.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cakohl View Post
    I was wondering how others fit all their down in a pack. I just shoved my EE revolution 10 and Incubator 20 at the bottom of my pack (Exos 58), and stuffed the rest of my winter gear on top. It all fit but it was fully expanded at the sides.

I tried with putting them in one large compression sack, but it seems like the weird geometry makes it worse despite being technically less volume.
    Do you mean compression? Or maybe stuff sack?

I like a stuff sack since you can put that in first, then add the down items. Pack down to let the air out then roll close. It sounds counter-productive, but you may want to tighten the packs compression straps HALF way first, then pack. This way you will end up with a sleeker pack with the center of gravity closer to your torso. Otherwise, you can cram and cram that down, ending up with more space in the pack, but at the expense of having a huge "ball" hanging off your back. Just something to try. Pack, walk around the house, then start from scratch and try different things.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    EE Revolt/Rev 20*
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Actually I'm not sure which you'd consider it. I have one of the Outdoor Research lightweight dry sacks that I can fit both quilts in and compress/roll it down. Figured the added water protection would be good too

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cakohl View Post
    Actually I'm not sure which you'd consider it. I have one of the Outdoor Research lightweight dry sacks that I can fit both quilts in and compress/roll it down. Figured the added water protection would be good too
    Sounds good to me. If you carry separate sleeping clothes/socks/etc. you can put them in that bag too. Keep all the nighttime stuff in one place. See if that makes a difference in your pack.

Watch out to make sure the dry bag isn't "re-inflating" while you're adding the rest of the gear.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    EE Revolt/Rev 20*
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Sounds good to me. If you carry separate sleeping clothes/socks/etc. you can put them in that bag too. Keep all the nighttime stuff in one place. See if that makes a difference in your pack.

Watch out to make sure the dry bag isn't "re-inflating" while you're adding the rest of the gear.
    Ok that's a really good idea. Not sure why I hadn't thought of that before... One less stuff sack 🏻

Hammock
    Dream Hammock & Warbonnet
    Tarp
    UGQ & Warbonnet
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing W/ Buckle
    I have found that the top quilt makes the most difference in warm weather not the underquilt. It is not much different than sleeping on your bed at home. I use only a 0 degree underquilt and the only down side is the extra bulk. Anything above 75 degree lows and I dont even carry my underquilt.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I was never able to go much over temp on the UQ. A mattress is more like lying on the carpeted floor, completely flat. The down UQ wraps around the sides a bit. It olds heat and feels like it's radiating heat. The last thing I want on a warm night is heat pumping underneath me. Ugh. I can loosen it, but if there's no breeze it's just more warm air in between me and the down.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast