View Poll Results: What top quilt do you recommend for my WBBB to pair with a HG Incubator 0?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warbonnet Mamba 20 degree regular size

2 11.76%
  • Hammock Gear Burrow 20 degree wide-standard size

10 58.82%
  • Other - please explain

5 29.41%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG TQ UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Im very happy with my HG 0' Burrow and incubator. Warm and roomy.
    Hash browns and bacon strips , I like the way you lick your lips

Yep I'm pretty correct the length is accurate, unless if I try to stretch it out it may stretch a little. I laid it out along a tape measurer to determine it. I've actually decided that I am going to return it (not my WBBB, I love that). I am going to get a 20 degree top quilt and a 0 degree under quilt from either Hammock Gear or Underground Equipment. I like some of the features of the Hammock Gear, but I like the extra width of the UGQ. I'm wondering if the extra 3 inches of width helps prevent cold spots on the sides of the shoulders? Is there anything between these two brands that would way you one way or another?
    Last edited by Ahunt01; 10-29-2015 at 23:42.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Nothing about the brands is different in terms of quality and effectiveness. The 3" wider UQ might help if the quilt is pulled to one side a little as they're apt to do during the night if not otherwise controlled. Its not something to pay extra for as there are things you can get to keep it from moving and secure is at your shoulder and foot ends.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG IncubatorBurrow
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    I've got the HammockGear Burrow.. it's amazing. I bought the 0 (zero) since i hammock 4 seasons... and i have had nothing but good results. GREAT quality and superb communication with them. Like others, the sewing quality is top notch. The width is perfect for sleeping and rolling around a bit at night. I don't lay still at all, i toss around and have had zero issues. I bought my wife one today infact! She got jealous of how warm i was on our winter expeditions. I typically sleep in wool long-johns (simple thin underlayer) and no need for socks! Toasy warm.
    Enjoy whatever you decide to purchase.
    Cottage vendors are the way to go for sure.
    If life gets any better.. I'll need a tranquilizer!

Hammock
    WBBB's
    Tarp
    UGQ, WB, OES
    Insulation
    UGQ UQs/TQs
    Suspension
    Straps/Carabiners
    I'm 5'7" / 188 and have 2 UGQ Zepplins, both 50" wide. My 20* is 78" long and my 40* is 72". The shorter one allows the quilt to just fit around my neck and give me comfortable foot room, but my feet feel scrunched if I try to pull it up for more warmth. That length actually works OK for 40* and up, where I really don't need to pull it up, and in fact often just use the quilt pulled up to my armpits.

The longer 78" quilt easily pulls way up around my neck and creates a nice warm poof of draft-sealing insulation up around my lower cheeks, with plenty of toe room. I prefer that length for a cold weather tq. It does seem excessively long and bulky if I only want to use it like a blanket just to chest height, though. If given a single choice, I'd definitely stick with 78", since the length is more versatile and I can't stand my toes feeling the least bit of pressure from blankets and such.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC 1.7 dl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    L.L Ghost Pepper
    Suspension
    Slings/Dutch Bckl
    Images
    Only company i can speak for is Hammock Gear. Great products built very well with truly top notch customer service! I messed up when i 1'st ordered my quilts and they bent over backwards to help me fix it. If you are not sure about sewn or snaps i say go with sewn for sure. I'm sure all the cottage vendor's are great, but Hammock Gear has earned my trust and you just can't buy that.

Hammock
    ENO doublenest, but looking..
    Tarp
    nothing as of yet.
    Insulation
    goose down or syn.
    Suspension
    ENO A-slaps 4 now.
    I'm a noobie, and I have the some question!? I just want to buy guality and only once, if thats posable!? Ive owned a Marmot "Grouse" 650dowm semi-rec bag (sold it to a lady hiking the AT years ago, mistake), weighed in at 2lbs, best bag ever for a big guy.. Is it personal preference or is one manufacturer better than the other--Warbonet-vs-Jacks-R-Better-vs-ect...??

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler DL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    I have the HG Incubator 0 and have been extremely comfortable. I haven't gone the route of the TQ yet, but plan on getting one asap. I recently ordered some Feathered Friends booties because I have a major issue with cold feet even with dry wool socks. Right now I'm using a North Face Aleutian 4S as a top quilt, but the bulk and weight are ridiculous. Great for tent camping, but I need to upgrade. I am very impressed with HG so far and everything from Warbonnet so I imagine you can't go wrong with either quilt choice.

Hammock
    THC Cloud Series
    Tarp
    THC TC-Winter
    Insulation
    THC Marion UQ/ 0*
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    My Teton Hammock Co. Marion series top quilt is 78x55 with no taper. I like the extra width also so I can tuck and roll without any worries. The zippered and drawstring foot box is nice if you want to open it and use it as a flat quilt, (I use mine in hotels when traveling for work.) Even with the zipper and a 3oz overstuff, it weighs less than 29oz. Not bad for a conservatively rated 20* quilt. (The temp scale rates it at 3*)
    Teton Hammock Company-
    Tarps and Quilts engineered and tested in the Teton Range, WY & ID

www.tetonhammocks.com

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    I voted "other"; I think you're better off matching the temp rating of your top and underquilts. I personally prefer Hammock Gear over all others. I have the following:

Zpacks 40 degree sleeping bag
    Phoenix 40 UQ
    Phoenix 20 UQ
    Incubator 20 TQ & UQ
    Incubator 0 TQ & UQ

Now that I have them all the pain is over (think $) and I can cover any temperatures I encounter in MO. I've looked at Zpack quilts for weight savings and got his 40 degree for my 3 season ultralight but light costs.

Only other advise I give about quilts is to go full lenght for any cold weather situations.

Gideon

Love them all and no

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast