Hammock
    11ft
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug

MD> Marsden Tract> 1st Annual Capital Area Winter Hang> January 8th-10th, 2016

When: Jan 8, 12p - Jan 10, 10a
    Where: Marsden Tract Group Campsite on the C&O Towpath. Potomac, Maryland

As discussed in the Maryland Hangers thread, here is the official planning page for the 2016 Capital Area Winter Hang at Marsden Tract in Potomac, Maryland.

--Google Spreadsheet--
    (The spreadsheet will calculate how much each person attending will owe me to cover the cost of the campsite. Each new hanger added to # in your party will lower the cost to each.)

>Here is a partial listing of general rules and regulations for use of the Marsden Tract Group Campground. A more complete listing of park rules and regulations is available.<

-NO VEHICULAR traffic is allowed on the towpath and access to the campsites is by FOOT ONLY. I may try to acquire a wagon to bring in gear. Overnight parking is permitted ONLY at the Carderock Recreation Area (1.2 mile walk), or the parking lot across from Angler’s Inn (1 mile walk). Please acquire a permit for each vehicle being parked overnight via this online form below:

**Overnight Parking Form**

-Potable water is a short walk up the towpath and across the footbridge (may not be available during cold winter months) Plan to bring at least a gallon jug of water for yourself.

-Fires are permitted ONLY in established fire rings. Please ensure that your fire is extinguished completely each time you leave the area. The cutting or defacing of any live growth is strictly prohibited. ONLY fallen dead timber may be used for on-site firewood. Park Rangers reserve the right to ban ALL fires during periods of drought.

-Groups may arrive at the designated site starting at 12:00 P.M. (Noon)
    Groups MUST be out of the designated site by 10:00 A.M. on the day of departure.

-Please observe quiet hours between 10:00 P.M. and 6:00 A.M.

-Alcoholic beverages are PROHIBITED.

-The park is a "Trash Free Park" and trashcans are not provided. Trash must be picked up and the area left in a clean condition before the group departs.

-Swimming and/or wading in the Potomac River or the C&O Canal is extremely dangerous and prohibited by law.

I will add more details to this post as they develop.
    Last edited by Uphill; 11-03-2015 at 09:44.

Thanks Uphill. Glad you were able to get the site. I will put in for the time off as soon as I can.
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.6
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Im definitely going to try and make it out. Just have to make sure im good for no work/family activities for that weekend.

Hammock
    WBRR, DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Quilts and pads
    Images
    I may be up for this, but I won't know for sure until closer to the date. Gotta wait and see what the new year entails.

I may be able to make it too this, but won't know till it gets closer too the date.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

I am going to try to make it also. I have some winter hammocking gear I need to try out. And nothing beats time around a campfire with like minded folks.

Larry

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    I probably won't be able to get off work on the 8th. Try to find out soon though. I'd like to go, winter camping is my favorite. Maybe I can just come down Saturday if I can't get off Friday. I'll try to find out asap. Thanks for putting it all together.

Harford county checking in!
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    11ft
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug
    I'm looking to figure out if there is any pre-cut firewood available through the park that can be purchased.

If they don't have this available, I'll have a wagon to haul wood from around the park that we cut up. Be sure to bring your saw/hatchet to help us downsize the wood to suit our needs. We are free to cut up and use any downed wood that we find around the park.

I'm looking forward to this hang!

Hammock
    11ft
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Uphill View Post
    I'm looking to figure out if there is any pre-cut firewood available through the park that can be purchased.

If they don't have this available, I'll have a wagon to haul wood from around the park that we cut up. Be sure to bring your saw/hatchet to help us downsize the wood to suit our needs. We are free to cut up and use any downed wood that we find around the park.

I'm looking forward to this hang!
    I heard back from the park regarding wood.

"All downed wood in the area is able to be gathered and used at no expense. Bring a small hatchet to use to break up pieces of fallen wood. When walking toward the campsite along the canal keep an eye out for downed trees that our maintenance crews have cut into manageable chunks. There is a lot out there. Good luck and be sure to bring water as the pumps have been turned off."

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty / Dutchware
    Tarp
    HG cuben w doors
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar + SMC
    I'm hoping to be able to make this one.

Gerald

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast