Tarp
    HG The Quest
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps/Cnch Bkls
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Here's a vid showing how ive modified mine to make hanging it MUCH easier. It now mimics the suspension of my HG and CDT UQ's. At the time I hand sewed the end channels since I was still learning to sew and that was the hardest part. Now it goes on with a simple S binner on each end and is easily adjustable as well. This is by far the quickest way to hang it, gets the tightest seal on the ends, has the most adjustment and is able to be biased towards your head and feet unlike other mods or the stock suspension. If you scroll up some you'll see how I was previously hanging it using a standard primary suspension w/ a secondary larksheaded to it and no end channels for sinching it up. This method worked, but my current suspension is far better I think. Here's the link, good luck : https://youtu.be/Z6F79IZtGJE
    We have two Snugpak Underquilts in the family (and a Hammock Gear Incubator), and I'm really interested in trying this modification on our Snugpaks. My main question is are the shock cords on each side all one long piece? Looks like they thread up through the sides of the quilt, then through the sewn on loops where the secondary suspension is now, and then cord-locked? If that's the case, how long of a cord did it take on each side? Thanks!

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Yeah. The primary is one long loop like your Incubator, and so is the secondary. But instead of going through a Lineloc 3 that's sewn to the corner like the 'Bator , it just goes through a loop on each corner then back up into the core lock. To tighten , just pull the tag end that comes out of the cordlock. So it's basically the same function, just used a cord lock directly on the core instead of the lineloc. Lemme know if that makes sense, I can take some up close shots if you need it or a vid showing the function. Hope that helps!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

• + New Posts
  • Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021