Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Thanks for the pics. The reach through pocket is cool. Nice that you give the option of buying either the hammock or tarp. Could you give some details as to how the bug net is attached. Zipper or velcro?
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

thanks for these awesome pics

Great shots of your details there, the whole package is really well thought out. It's not as easy to see in the pics but the design of your underquilts is sweet, so simple but they hung with no compression so nicely with no hassle. I think those might just be my favorite thing you are making...glad to hear of your TD sales too.

Christian

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    Thanks for the pics. The reach through pocket is cool. Nice that you give the option of buying either the hammock or tarp. Could you give some details as to how the bug net is attached. Zipper or velcro?
    the bug net is stiched on all the way around. and is not removable. the zipper is actually sewn into the hammock fabric itself about 2" down from the edge as the ripstop is much stronger than the netting. at one time my net was removable with velcro, but the velcro itself would damage the net easily, and its heavier and bulkier. it seems a better solution to just have a fabric only hammock for non bug season, that way you are not carrying around half the velcro and a zipper that you aren't using. those plain fabric hammocks are relativly cheap (saw parachute one for 29.95 recently) nowadays. i did see jacks omni tape though, so maybe it will be an option at some point. what do ya'll think? removeable netting or seperate hammock bug free season?...Brandon

Hammock
    ENO Double & HH Expedition
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Quilts rule!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    technical hammocks: 225 with fly, 140 hammock only
    appalachain: 1.1 oz ripstop grey 27oz with fly, 15 oz alone
    eldorado: 1.9 oz ripstop green 32 oz with fly, 20 oz alone
    First, thanks for the pics. I think it's a great design that you've come up with. I like the pass through pocket/stuff sack and no ridge line. Sometimes it gets in the way when I'm getting in and out of ny HH.

I weigh in at 240, so until you've done some testing to get true weight limits, I'll have to hold off.

Questions. Can you use it like a chair? Do you need to zip it up to maintain structural integrety (i.e. not fall down and go boom), or can you leave the zipper open for added ventilation?
    Peace,
    Joe

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Thanks for all the pics you posts. That is a really unique design and I like it a lot. I especially like how it is configured for max room at the head and shoulder are. The pocket is awesome.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

warbonnetguy,
    I saw your hammocks at Trail days and pretty much skipped over them because I thought they were a bottom entry type hammock.
    Nice pics of your product.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by txulrich View Post
    I'll have to hold off.

Questions. Can you use it like a chair? Do you need to zip it up to maintain structural integrety (i.e. not fall down and go boom), or can you leave the zipper open for added ventilation?
    the zipper can be left open, it is designed so that the netting stays put even with the zipper open, so it doesn't drop down into your face. haven't tried the chair, crawdaddy asked the same thing, he said on a hh, you could flip the hammock upside down with netting on the bottom, does this not damage the netting?...Brandon

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    the zipper can be left open, it is designed so that the netting stays put even with the zipper open, so it doesn't drop down into your face. haven't tried the chair, crawdaddy asked the same thing, he said on a hh, you could flip the hammock upside down with netting on the bottom, does this not damage the netting?...Brandon
    I think a removable zipper netting would be really cool. Would add a real distinctive difference compared to other hammocks. My non homemade Speer is kinda a pain to align the velcro after it is taken off. Since I've been using my Hennessy as a chair I feel it is a major part of my set-up now. So cool to be able to just have a nice seat before setting everything up. Works great for day hiking as well. I dont really follow him on the flipping the hammock upside down thing. Especially with HH ridgeline.
    Last edited by FanaticFringer; 05-25-2007 at 18:40.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images

Images
    i think ed rates his 1.9 oz hammocks to 250, i'm just trying to play it safe, i'm looking for a slightly heavier fabric for a beefier version.
    (hate supplex) i'm looking for that parachute nylon like the eno and hammock bliss uses, but can't seem to find it. it weighs about 25% more than 1.9 oz ripstop, and may simply be high count taffeta, but that is just a guess. if anyone has any suggestions i would love to hear them...Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by txulrich View Post
    First, thanks for the pics. I think it's a great design that you've come up with. I like the pass through pocket/stuff sack and no ridge line. Sometimes it gets in the way when I'm getting in and out of ny HH.

I weigh in at 240, so until you've done some testing to get true weight limits, I'll have to hold off.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast