Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: top quilt

Quote Originally Posted by rebelpride1860 View Post
    I was thinking about buying the hennessy 4 season UQ in the spring when they have their 50% sale. Does anyone know how good they work and what they are rated to? It says on the website 4 season, but it doesn't say the actual temp. rating.
    I'm a recent purchaser of the SS, so not a lot of experience with it yet. I've used it 3 times
    Low temps were : 59, 42, and 30. I wore essentially the same thing each time : socks, long pants and t-shirt. I used a 20 degree sleeping bag unzipped in top quilt mode. Warm at 59, comfy at 42, and good at 30 except my feet got a little cold by 5am. No wind on any of these nights. I've been pleased with the performance of the SS so far.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    Dutchware Argon 11'
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    z-lite sol
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I can also speak for the Owyhee TQ. GREAT buy for the weight and still made of synthetic material. Just took it on a hunting trip that went down to 32 degrees both nights and it kept me alive. I found that I needed a warming layer ontop of my baselayer to be comfortable at that temp though. YMMV. I would recommend adding a snap button to the quilt to keep it in place around your neck during the night. I have broad shoulders so I have trouble keeping it tucked over me through the night. But great quilt. I'd buy it again.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123