Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 143
  1. #21
    Herder of Cats OutandBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    8,462
    Images
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    I have been able to edit my for sale thread without a problem up until today. I have added info, pictures, and price changes to the original post. Today the edit button has disappeared. What's up?
    We are working on this issue. The forum software is limiting us to the 3 day edit thingy. Rick is working on it. In the mean time if you need anything changed feel free to ask a mod.

  2. #22
    Senior Member cataraftgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Posts
    2,237
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    We are working on this issue. The forum software is limiting us to the 3 day edit thingy. Rick is working on it. In the mean time if you need anything changed feel free to ask a mod.
    Well that's a bummer.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

  3. #23
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    South Dakota
    Hammock
    Clark
    Posts
    36
    Thanks for the heads up on how to go about selling items. Very helpful and easy to navigate through!

  4. #24
    silentorpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Something Brunswick, NJ
    Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Posts
    2,471
    A question for mods/admins:

    Is it no longer required to put a prefix (FS, FT, etc.) on for sale threads? I see some with, and some without. It's not the end of the world, but it is more difficult to notice what threads are sale threads, when looking via the "New Posts" tab.

  5. #25
    Formerly octothorpesarus mudsocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Narragansett #1, Maine
    Posts
    2,238
    Images
    9
    The new FS forum did not enforce thread prefixes. I've made this a requirement and moving forward it will be a requirement.

  6. #26
    Senior Member MoonBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Hammock
    DH Nighthawk
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    We are working on this issue. The forum software is limiting us to the 3 day edit thingy. Rick is working on it. In the mean time if you need anything changed feel free to ask a mod.
    It looks to be down still. I have posted in my FT post that the item is no longer available.

  7. #27
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    VA, Oh, and FL
    Hammock
    HH Expedition & HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Posts
    6,595
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonBear View Post
    It looks to be down still. I have posted in my FT post that the item is no longer available.
    You are correct. A solution has not been found. If you need something changed after 3 days, ask a MOD. We will be happy to assist.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms


    "The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

  8. #28
    Senior Member Elementalscape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Hammock
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Posts
    160
    Can HF members sell their hammock-related DIY skills/services for a custom item?
    I mean, as opposed to building a hammock, and then selling that hammock.
    Example - "FS: 11' GE Hammock - Your Color Choice"
    Or "FS: Hammock DIY Skills"

  9. #29
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    VA, Oh, and FL
    Hammock
    HH Expedition & HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Posts
    6,595
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalscape View Post
    Can HF members sell their hammock-related DIY skills/services for a custom item?
    I mean, as opposed to building a hammock, and then selling that hammock.
    Example - "FS: 11' GE Hammock - Your Color Choice"
    Or "FS: Hammock DIY Skills"
    My answer to that is no. What you have done is pretty much jumped across the line to being a vendor so you would need to be guided by the vendor section of the TOS which states you can not sell your items in the FS section.

    In fact to take the answer one step further, if you make up the items and sell them in the FS section you will be asked to become a vendor if you do it more than once or twice. That is not to say you can not make a stove, sell it, ...then make a hammock, sell it, then make a tarp, sell it. That does not raise a red flag. We all assume you are in the learning phase and leave it a that. But, if you sell a stove this week, and again next week, and then again the following week even us simple minded MODS will catch on pretty quickly that you are running a small time business of some sort.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms


    "The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

  10. #30
    Senior Member Elementalscape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Hammock
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    My answer to that is no. What you have done is pretty much jumped across the line to being a vendor so you would need to be guided by the vendor section of the TOS which states you can not sell your items in the FS section.

    In fact to take the answer one step further, if you make up the items and sell them in the FS section you will be asked to become a vendor if you do it more than once or twice. That is not to say you can not make a stove, sell it, ...then make a hammock, sell it, then make a tarp, sell it. That does not raise a red flag. We all assume you are in the learning phase and leave it a that. But, if you sell a stove this week, and again next week, and then again the following week even us simple minded MODS will catch on pretty quickly that you are running a small time business of some sort.
    If I'm understanding, this means it would be ok in the "Other Vendors and Services" subforum?

  • + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Simple questions - cannot find answers. Asking the masters
      By paustin in forum General Hammock Talk
      Replies: 44
      Last Post: 09-15-2014, 23:41
    2. dp gear answers
      By d-p in forum Other Vendors and Services
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 04-12-2013, 16:55
    3. Developer of Exped Ergo answers a few questions
      By Joz in forum Other Vendors and Services
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 01-15-2013, 12:23
    4. More questions than answers
      By NoMorCinn in forum General Hammock Talk
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 04-21-2011, 03:34

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •