Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaS View Post
    Did it really help you? Are you receiving notifications on your email about new threads on the FS Group now? Who else has subscribed on the FS group and received notifications about it? I'm not talking about posts in topics, but about new topics on the forum.
    I can’t understand, what is wrong? Why I don’t get those notifications?
    I did it the way you wrote. Here is the video - https://www.screencast.com/t/D6UgDK7Ze7Mh.
    But I still don’t get notifications. Is that so, do I only have the problem?
    Please work with Attroll on your issue. Obviously none of us can assist you or we would have already.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    double TTTM
    Tarp
    TTTM,WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    choosing
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Please work with Attroll on your issue. Obviously none of us can assist you or we would have already.
    I am sorry.
    Maybe do you have other options? Attroll has not responded to my letters for 10 days.
    But if he is sick, then I will wait else.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I haven't read all 14 pages and it seems your "one post with up to three items" answers it - but to be sure ... I want to sell a "main" item (like an UnderQuilt) and give the buyer the option of adding on some extras - like a pair of python straps. I'd just add them to the shipping of a larger item; that cost is already covered - especially if it is a flat rate box.

So the add-ons would be items for sale, but not independently for sale as they are only options to add with the main sale - if that makes any sense. Is it okay to bundle things like that an are the optional bundled items limited to 3 or only 2 as the main items would total three things mentioned.

Or ... while corresponding with the buyer of the main item, I could just mention that if she/he also wants to try some Python straps I can add them to the deal for $20 (usually $30 retail). In other words, in my For Sale post I could mention that I'll discuss add-ons in a PM.

Just want to play by the rules.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    You can bundle as many items as you wish as long as they are all for one price but you can not list individual prices of the items. Why? Because you can bet people will be trying to purchase those individually priced items even if you tell them in the post they can't. It will derail your FS thread and make my job a pain trying to monitor and delete all the posts
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I understand - so one last (for now) question. If I have two summer weight UQ's and say, "$50 for one or $90 for both." is that considered two items or one item?
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    I understand - so one last (for now) question. If I have two summer weight UQ's and say, "$50 for one or $90 for both." is that considered two items or one item?
    two if you will sell each for 50.00 and give a discount if 2 are purchased
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

Hammock
    DH Darien / WBBB
    Tarp
    HEX Asym / Minifly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 40
    Suspension
    Beetle/ Cinch
    Images
    I'm just curious to know about how much US residents have to pay in import duties/custom fees from Brazil, apart from the expensive shipping cost.
    Thanks

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    In the For Sale post of a recent item, the seller seemed to say it was against the rules to PM a counter offer. It seems to me the dynamcs of selling used gear is a negotiation. The seller things the gear is worth X, the buyer thinks it is worth Y, and sometimes they come to an agreement for price Z. I can understand not cluttering up the For Sale post with counter offers (item #4 in "rules"), but I wouldn't mind if someone PM'd me with a counter offer. First, considering their location, I might end up with the same amount in my pocket - selling for a lower that posted price - if the shipping cost are lower than expected (west coast location vs east coast location, etc.). Or I'd have the option to hold my original price but "sweeten the deal" by adding something else (stuff sack, whoopie slings, etc.).

My point is, only permitting buyers to respond to one posted price not only limits them but also limits the seller.

Maybe rule #4 doesn't preclude a PM counter offer and only restricts bartering in the public post. So the seller that said, essentially, "no PM counter offers", was just stating a personal preference.

I would not post OBO in the sale description; but I also would not be offended or put off if someone PM'd me with a counter offer.

Wondering why HF would restrict that - if they do?

Hammock
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    In the For Sale post of a recent item, the seller seemed to say it was against the rules to PM a counter offer. It seems to me the dynamcs of selling used gear is a negotiation. The seller things the gear is worth X, the buyer thinks it is worth Y, and sometimes they come to an agreement for price Z. I can understand not cluttering up the For Sale post with counter offers (item #4 in "rules"), but I wouldn't mind if someone PM'd me with a counter offer. First, considering their location, I might end up with the same amount in my pocket - selling for a lower that posted price - if the shipping cost are lower than expected (west coast location vs east coast location, etc.). Or I'd have the option to hold my original price but "sweeten the deal" by adding something else (stuff sack, whoopie slings, etc.).

My point is, only permitting buyers to respond to one posted price not only limits them but also limits the seller.

Maybe rule #4 doesn't preclude a PM counter offer and only restricts bartering in the public post. So the seller that said, essentially, "no PM counter offers", was just stating a personal preference.

I would not post OBO in the sale description; but I also would not be offended or put off if someone PM'd me with a counter offer.

Wondering why HF would restrict that - if they do?
    This is Rule 4:
    4. Items listed in the marketplace should be listed with a selling price. No auction-style posts, no bidding on items, or linking to auctions. No Or Best Offer (OBO) postings & no price offers to be made. However communications between members via PM is not limited with the understanding the first unqualified “I’ll take it” posted in thread is the winner.

So first off let me state that what you agree to in PM's is entirely up to you as long as the seller checks the thread to be sure no unqualified "I'll take it" has been posted. If it has been, then the "I'll take it" trumps all PM conversations.

The reason for this rule is based on history. There was a time on here when bidding wars would take place on items along with folks getting "butt hurt" when their offer was not accepted. This ate up a lot of moderators cycles and made for some really bad feelings between members.

Also you have to realize that many of the new members who purchase items do not take the time to actually read the rules, tip & hints, or Q&A. It really becomes an issue when there is bidding going on and they get left out. The moderators are the first place they engage.

So to answer your question, HF does not really care what you sell your items for or who you sell it to. What we do care about is ensuring the FS area is not eating up moderators time or causing bad feelings among the members. If you want to accept offers on your item via PM you can do so but you will not be permitted to advertise it in the thread. You must also sell to the first person to post "I'll take it" in the thread regardless of any PM conversation you may or may not have had.

Hope this helps explain why it is the way it is.
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    This is Rule 4:
    4. Items listed in the marketplace should be listed with a selling price. No auction-style posts, no bidding on items, or linking to auctions. No Or Best Offer (OBO) postings & no price offers to be made. However communications between members via PM is not limited with the understanding the first unqualified “I’ll take it” posted in thread is the winner.

So first off let me state that what you agree to in PM's is entirely up to you as long as the seller checks the thread to be sure no unqualified "I'll take it" has been posted. If it has been, then the "I'll take it" trumps all PM conversations.

The reason for this rule is based on history. There was a time on here when bidding wars would take place on items along with folks getting "butt hurt" when their offer was not accepted. This ate up a lot of moderators cycles and made for some really bad feelings between members.

Also you have to realize that many of the new members who purchase items do not take the time to actually read the rules, tip & hints, or Q&A. It really becomes an issue when there is bidding going on and they get left out. The moderators are the first place they engage.

So to answer your question, HF does not really care what you sell your items for or who you sell it to. What we do care about is ensuring the FS area is not eating up moderators time or causing bad feelings among the members. If you want to accept offers on your item via PM you can do so but you will not be permitted to advertise it in the thread. You must also sell to the first person to post "I'll take it" in the thread regardless of any PM conversation you may or may not have had.

Hope this helps explain why it is the way it is.
    Good explanation! And really good rule!

• + New Posts
  • Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast